• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So whats the story on Pep 22?

52 posts in this topic

I heard it was hard to find or something?

Assuming your question is serious, Pep 22 is a MAJOR non-Superhero GA Key that is near impossible to find....especially unrestored. You can look for years at not find a decent one.....I know, because I have been hot for this book for longer then I can remember, and opportunites for purchasing ANY copy are few and far between. Don't know how many are out there, but they are not coming on the market with any frequency......there are only, what, 9 or 10 MPFW#1's known to be printed, and they come up for sale more often then Pep 22.

If you could even find a VG unrestored copy, you would have life long bragging rights. I will get my shot one day........one day....

:preach:

Here is a link to my website -- contact page, which has a great scanned image I found doing a google search ... while creating my contact page meh

http://www.goldenagegems.com/contact_info_id4.html

I heard it was hard to find or something?

Assuming your question is serious, Pep 22 is a MAJOR non-Superhero GA Key that is near impossible to find....especially unrestored. You can look for years at not find a decent one.....I know, because I have been hot for this book for longer then I can remember, and opportunites for purchasing ANY copy are few and far between. Don't know how many are out there, but they are not coming on the market with any frequency......there are only, what, 9 or 10 MPFW#1's known to be printed, and they come up for sale more often then Pep 22.

If you could even find a VG unrestored copy, you would have life long bragging rights. I will get my shot one day........one day....

:preach:

Here is a link to my website -- contact page, which has a great scanned image I found doing a google search ... while creating my contact page meh

http://www.goldenagegems.com/contact_info_id4.html

I was just curious as to why or what the story is behind it`s scarcity.

I have heard some say Archie #1 is harder to find. Not sure thats accurate.

I've seen maybe 3 times as many Archie 1 as Pep 22.

I will take your anaylsis on this as acurate. (thumbs u

I hear it may be the first Archie appearance. I could be totally and utterly wrong about this though.

:jokealert:

To actually answer the question, I've never seen Pep 22, but I've "seen" three Archie 1's floating around over the past year or so, and that's not including the copy Geppi had in his museum.

Of the big three Archie books (Pep 22, Archie 1 and Jackpot 4), Jackpot 4 is certainly the cheapest and probably the most available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKPOT-4-RARE-ARCHIE-ISSUE-1ST-MRS-GRUNDY_W0QQitemZ250404013897QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4d3e0749&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

143ksk is to Archie/pep, what I might so humbly ( :devil: ) say I am to pre robin tecs lol

Steve is indeed the Mayor of Archie-ville. (thumbs u

143ksk is to Archie/pep, what I might so humbly ( :devil: ) say I am to pre robin tecs lol

Steve is indeed the Mayor of Archie-ville. (thumbs u

I voted for him

Steve is indeed the Mayor of Archie-ville. Riverdale (thumbs u

Fixed that for ya!

Of the big three Archie books (Pep 22, Archie 1 and Jackpot 4), Jackpot 4 is certainly the cheapest and probably the most available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKPOT-4-RARE-ARCHIE-ISSUE-1ST-MRS-GRUNDY_W0QQitemZ250404013897QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4d3e0749&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Wow! I could potentially sell something and make that happen! Good to know! Thanks!