• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So whats the story on Pep 22?

52 posts in this topic

Sure it can, from a dealers perspective they obviously knew of it's importance, but like any other key book if they kept them all they would be in the poor house.

Doesn't mean they didnt have remorse though.

What stuck out to me was how fast they both bought the book, and how equally fast somebody made them an offer they could not refuse.

Anyhow, here is a shot of the interior cover that illustrates to me what Archie is all about. A mindless diversion from our daily troubles. Unlike a Superhero he was someone we could laugh at, and with.

Archiecoverinterior.jpg

Getting back to the original question of scarcity, 143ksk and I (well, mostly him) came up with about 18 copies that are known to the collecting community or have publicly changed hands in the time he's been collecting. 2 are coverless, and there has been at least one sale of just a cover.

There are two Jackpot 4's on the market right now, and at least two Archie 1's. Other than the ebay lot linked to above, I don't know of any Pep 22 that's been offered for sale since I bought my coverless copy in December 07. All of the above are priced sufficiently highly that there is little apparent danger of them selling, even to a rabid Archiephile like myself.

And if anyone has a scan of the cover, that would help me out; say about 300dpi... :)

Who doesnt love Archie??

They reprinted his first Appearances in Pep 22 and Archie #1 about a year ago in the Digests, As well as Jughead#1 and Betty and Veronica #1

Anybody who hasnt read these should pick them up!

I was just wondering if any of the books had been reprinted. Thanks for answering my question in advance! I just with they weren't in digest form.

Who doesnt love Archie??

They reprinted his first Appearances in Pep 22 and Archie #1 about a year ago in the Digests, As well as Jughead#1 and Betty and Veronica #1

Anybody who hasnt read these should pick them up!

I was just wondering if any of the books had been reprinted. Thanks for answering my question in advance! I just with they weren't in digest form.

All of them had been reprinted in the "Best Of The (insert decade here)" books.