• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - How do I know if I've been banned??

179 posts in this topic

How do I know if I've been banned?

Just noticed Architect's post in the mod area that just with subject Hello to which he said goodbye?

You'll know you're banned if a mod send you this message

Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by you, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera... "Fax mentis, incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera... Memo bis punitor delicatum! It's all there! Black and white, clear as crystal! You STOLE Fizzy-Lifting Drinks! You BUMPED into the ceiling, which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get... NOTHING!!! You lose! GOOD DAY, SIR!

Gene Wilder :roflmao:

Someone needs to take a screen capture of that scene and photoshop the words, "You are banned. You get nothing! You lose! Good Day SIR!"

Flee? :baiting:

Ya know. Sometimes new people come on here, mess up because they get "surrounded" and hammered from many sides because they did or said something stoopid or without class. Then retaliate to the onslaught with some dumb words and pay for it for a very long time. Matt aka "returner" was one (I went several rounds with him myself). What can a banned member do to reinstate themself after a banning? Apologize? Just go with the flow for a very long time? Suck up a few times by posting little "dreamy cloud" graemlins or posting "sweet books dude" several hundred times?

Maybe there should be a "sticky" thread which can be accessed by banned members, that tells them some things they can do to reinstate themselves in good standing. Instead of becoming "shills" with new identities, hiding and avoiding their previous "self".

Does that exist on here?

Banning isn't the result of a handful of obnoxious noob posts, it comes after a long history of bad behavior, followed by repeated warnings and strikes from the Mods. In general, people are banned for good reason.

There are people still here who routinely exhibit such behavior.

But you are really funny, so the mods tolerate you.

:thumbsup: lol

Okay. Maybe I have a misunderstanding of "banned". There is "suspended" and then there is "banned". Correct? Banned would mean forever, correct?

Banned = four strikes in a year and gone "forever." Suspended or strike = gone for one week, two weeks or a month.

Why did he get banned?

person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag :gossip:

He's not all that bad. (shrug)

When taken in Moderation....

Pun alert.

Why did he get banned?

person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag :gossip:

He's not all that bad. (shrug)

When taken in Moderation....

Pun alert.

Don't you have some heiling to do? (shrug)

I don't want to get my hair mussed up.

I just hope the Maxx books I bought from him arrive safe and sound! :cry:

I got my books yesterday and they were packed well. I thought he was a pretty nice guy and even threw in a freebie for me.

That's reassuring! :)

He's still active on this forum if you want to contact him. PM me if you want me to tell you what his name there is.

www.comicopolis.ning.com

banned users can return under a new username so long as they don't exhibit the characteristics that caused them to be banned in the first place.

technically.

there are exceptions to this rule, but it's pretty well established by now that if you get banned, you can return so long as you behave yourself

I would disagree with that.

well okay then

I just hope the Maxx books I bought from him arrive safe and sound! :cry:

I got my books yesterday and they were packed well. I thought he was a pretty nice guy and even threw in a freebie for me.

That's reassuring! :)

He's still active on this forum if you want to contact him. PM me if you want me to tell you what his name there is.

www.comicopolis.ning.com

:o PM me mate!

Just noticed Architect's post in the mod area that just with subject Hello to which he said goodbye?

Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by you, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera... "Fax mentis, incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera... Memo bis punitor delicatum! It's all there! Black and white, clear as crystal! You STOLE Fizzy-Lifting Drinks! You BUMPED into the ceiling, which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get... NOTHING!!! You lose! GOOD DAY, SIR!

Someone needs to take a screen capture of that scene and photoshop the words, "You are banned. You get nothing! You lose! Good Day SIR!"

I'm no Flee, but here's a quick & dirty Paint Shop Pro version for ya.

bannedWW.jpg

To think it was aimed at you was either because a) you're very paranoid or b) you've done something worth being banned for :baiting:

^^

:roflmao: (thumbs u

Willy wonka was classic

banned users can return under a new username so long as they don't exhibit the characteristics that caused them to be banned in the first place.

technically.

there are exceptions to this rule, but it's pretty well established by now that if you get banned, you can return so long as you behave yourself

They finally let Stu stay.

technically.

It ShoNuff is An Inconvenient Truth. 1175.gif

I bought over 80 independants from him and I was satisfied with them. As I stated in my Kudo's posting, most were unbagged and boarded, however, all arrived in very nice condition anyway.

Seemed nice enough in PM's I had with him. Didn't read many postings from him though. So I don't know what the banning was about, unless he in fact was a previously banned member.

Ya know. Sometimes new people come on here, mess up because they get "surrounded" and hammered from many sides because they did or said something stoopid or without class. Then retaliate to the onslaught with some dumb words and pay for it for a very long time. Matt aka "returner" was one (I went several rounds with him myself). What can a banned member do to reinstate themself after a banning? Apologize? Just go with the flow for a very long time? Suck up a few times by posting little "dreamy cloud" graemlins or posting "sweet books dude" several hundred times?

Maybe there should be a "sticky" thread which can be accessed by banned members, that tells them some things they can do to reinstate themselves in good standing. Instead of becoming "shills" with new identities, hiding and avoiding their previous "self".

Does that exist on here?

He seems like a nice guy when substance abuse doesn't rear its ugly head.

From what I've read he's had a string of DUIs and, I believe, a stint in jail (perhaps his latest shill account can enlighten us on the details that shape his online persona) but he keeps coming back to this gathering.

From what I have observed I don't think he cares if he gets frequently banned because he seems to enjoy the game and the status and the administrators here have good reason to give him the boot because he provides them with the reasons on a regular basis.

I've bought from him too and he has some interesting books

The biggest clue would be that you can't make posts like this. lol

I'm no Flee, but here's a quick & dirty Paint Shop Pro version for ya.

bannedWW.jpg

That's awesome, thanks! :applause:

Well, first Dena drops by your house and beats the snot out of you, finishing you off with a series of roundhouse kicks that would make Chuck Norris drool with envy.

Then Architect stops in and alternately laughs at you as you bleed, and points out your failings in extensive and sarcastic detail; and then explains exactly what twelve step rehabilitation program you must follow if you ever wish to use your crushed, twisted fingers to post on this site again.

Most of us understand the lesson by the third or at worst fourth suspension.

There ARE a few slow learners...