• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I discard my CGC bags

54 posts in this topic

For good storage you gotta' seal the slabs, airtight, twice. Then put in a CGC Mylar, then insert in a regular CGC bag. Then put that bag in a sterile non-oxydized miltary XDM2 bag, and put that in a regular bio-hazard container. You place the container inside an affordable airtight safe, and put the safe inside a dry-cool cave within your property. I was doing fine with the process, until I ran out of CGC Mylars, still looking though...

I'm a bit concerned about scratching up my CGC Mylars. Anyone know if there are Mylars for the CGC Mylars?

I avoid steps 4 and 5, but I have a Mylar cover for my safe, plus my entire house is coated with a liquid mylar finish. :grin:

The Mylar for my Mylar and the slabbibg of a slab bit always get me (:

I really need to get hold of some mylars for my CGC books. Do you think I can find any over here? :frustrated:

Buy some books from me and I'll send you some for free... :whistle:

Reallllllyyyyy?

I use the old CGC bags for condoms. hm

Is your boyfriend really that large?

Probably not to you. hm

I keep my CGC'd books in their bags but I was considering getting some of those clear bags from jeff at hotflips.

After a book I bought from bghkoyama inside one of those, I've been in the same boat as well. Looks nice.

You can also triple-bag a CGC book and then do something that makes other forum members question your sanity, because it looks unbagged.

The mylars are sweet. The bags that come from CGC are immediately removed and put in a drawer. I only use them when I sell a slab so that the recipient gets everything CGC originally sent with the slab.

I don't know about you guys, but I wrap raw books in newspaper so that it's easy to just rip off and there's no sticking tape to the bags.

I don't know about you guys, but I wrap raw books in newspaper so that it's easy to just rip off and there's no sticking tape to the bags.

I like this idea! Then, tie that coarse twine around it nice and tight, just like newspapers are bundled together with!

(thumbs u

-slym

Grocery store plastic bags with old backing boards inside, top and bottom, and then insert that in-between thick cardboard.

I'm with you, I hate when someone sends me gorgeous books in brand new bags/boards/mylar, and then they tape all over them so I have to swap them out. Plus there is the chance you can damage the comic directly when removing all the packing material.

Grocery store plastic bags with old backing boards inside, top and bottom, and then insert that in-between thick cardboard.

My way works well, don't you think?

:grin:

-slym

Actually Neil, it sure did. (thumbs u

I like this idea! Then, tie that coarse twine around it nice and tight, just like newspapers are bundled together with!

(thumbs u

-slym

:doh: