• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Go ahead, take a guess at how damaged the book is.

117 posts in this topic

This scene didn't make the final cut. :cry:

Road_House.gif

:roflmao:

My Lord! lol

Now I have to go have dinner with my family and giggle my butt off while they look at me wondering what the heck is so funny.

It's weird, but I hadn't seen that movie since I was a kid, yet I always thought the lead (the guy on the left) grew up to be Vincent Spano. There had to be a likeness somewhere along the line. (shrug)

Anyone who's ever been P*()*)(*whooped once in their lifetime has to relish this great classic.

2qve250.jpg

By the way, I picked up Roadhouse on the way home since I had a free Blockbuster coupon. The manager couldn't stop talking about what a great movie it is.

We shall see, as Red Dawn is a hard act to beat.

Some of my personal favorite 80s movies....

(obviously this list is taking for granted many of the most obvious movies like Vacation, First Blood, Die Hard, etc)

About Last Night

Amazon Women on the Moon

April Fools Day

Bachelor Party

Better Off Dead

Body Double

Cobra

Creepshow

Crossroads

Fletch

Fright Night

Happy Birthday to Me

Less than Zero

the Mean Season

Mischief

My Chauffeur

Night of the Living Dead

Overboard

Private School

Risky Business

Scrooged

Secret Admirer

Something Wild

the Sure Thing

Tequila Sunrise

Thief of Hearts

Valley Girl(yeah, I know, but I had a thing for Deborah Foreman)

Weekend at Bernies

Weird Science

Young Blood

:gossip: You left out the movie "Airplane"

airplane.jpg

Does this NOT count for a "classic 80's movie" (shrug)

:gossip: You left out the movie "Airplane"

airplane.jpg

Does this NOT count for a "classic 80's movie" (shrug)

That movie rules for sheer quotability, if nothing else (but would rule anyway). I can't remember which thread it was, but sometime last week a bunch of forumites were just posting Airplane quotes to each other in some poor dude's thread. Yes, I was one of them.

Another two good 80's movies that popped to mind when Airplane! came up are Johnny Dangerously and Top Secret. Both are movies I've found that the watcher either really likes them, or really despises them, kinda like how people respond to Monty Python.

red dawn is great, but still second to Roadhouse, the most perfect 80's movie ever filmed. :)

Shiver, your posts here are without fail, either funny or informative, or both. Your artwork is amazing, and I hope to own a piece one day. However, if you continue to insist that Roadhouse outstrips Red Dawn, I'll never be able to afford any of your work. Everyone knows that once the artist dies, the cost of his stuff increases exponentially.

That's a nice way of saying, "I'm gonna cut you, mang!" ;)

:baiting:

Beau,

Matthew and kenny have obviously been listening to me for years. If you are stuck on a desert island and can only have one movie it must be Roadhouse. Why you ask?

(1) It has nudity - Red Dawn doesn't. Huge plus one for Roadhouse.

(2) It has a sweet soundtrack (except for the screetchy tune the lead waitress sings :sick:) Red Dawn doesn't

(3) It has hand to hand fighting not just blowing stuff up, although Roadhouse does have stuff blowing up. Advantage Roadhouse.

(4) It is a buddy flick. Sam Shepherd is a cool buddy/mentor. Powers Boothe doesn't quite get there in Red Dawn.

(5) Ben Gazzarra is so easy to hate as the bad guy. Pure evil. The head Cuban in Red Dawn is sympathetic. Way to cop out Red Dawn.

(6) Kelly Lynch v. Ferris Bueller's little sister. Sorry Red Dawn.

(7) There are no monster trucks destroying Ford dealerships or people getting crushed by polar bears in Red Dawn. 'Nuff said.

Red Dawn is great, but it is no Roadhouse.

A scholarly approach - well done!

If you want the medieval version of Road House, with many of the virtues mentioned above, then I recommend Flesh+Blood from the '80s

Seanfingh, I've added Roadhouse to my Netflix queue, apparently I've forgotten how awesome it was. Whether it out-awesomes Red Dawn in my eyes remains to be seen.

From what I have seen here so far, you have a well-developed sense of humor. Keep that intact and prepare to be entertained. Remember, not necessarily good film, just good fun.

What the heck. Roadhouse added to my queue as well.

Roadhouse is on AMC tonight at 10:00 PM central time. You can't get the full effect, but still a decent show.

Got this in the mail today. Have not opened it yet.

DSC07706.jpg

DSC07707.jpg

Typical cardboard sandwich in a manila envelope. The cardboard inside feels equally creased. And instead of complaining about bad shippers or our postal service again I thought I would try and have some fun.

So make a guess, is the comic dinged or safe?

Will post the results tomorrow.

And is it just me or does it look like finger indents on the back, like somebody tried to make it fit where it didnt wanna go. :(

Oh, there's no chance. That book is mangled.

Some of my personal favorite 80s movies....

(obviously this list is taking for granted many of the most obvious movies like Vacation, First Blood, Die Hard, etc)

About Last Night

Amazon Women on the Moon

April Fools Day

Bachelor Party

Better Off Dead

Body Double

Cobra

Creepshow

Crossroads

Fletch

Fright Night

Happy Birthday to Me

Less than Zero

the Mean Season

Mischief

My Chauffeur

Night of the Living Dead

Overboard

Private School

Risky Business

Scrooged

Secret Admirer

Something Wild

the Sure Thing

Tequila Sunrise

Thief of Hearts

Valley Girl(yeah, I know, but I had a thing for Deborah Foreman)

Weekend at Bernies

Weird Science

Young Blood

What about:

1) The Pope of Greenwich Village (1984)

2) Year of the Dragon (1985)

3) Johnny Handsome (1989)

I liked the Goonies, Firefox and Blue Thunder as well :blush:

Sorry guys, was not trying to drag this out, just had an appointment this morning for my dog to have her staples removed. Everything went well. :)

Anyhow, without further ado, the moment you all have been waiting for....oh heck.. I will shut up and post the photos.

DSC07710.jpg

DSC07715.jpg

Looks like the ol Wizard got a new crease :( Book was in VG condition before so not a huge loss but still it is more the point of what if it were not a VG book.

Don't mail in envelopes, even if you have had luck in the past. Yeah a box can get munched too, but at least if a cardboard sandwich is inside a box this type of thing is not likely to happen.

So who has a decent copy of ST #102 they wanna sell so we can upgrade this copy for Chrom.

I just got back from a family trip and get greeted by this :cry:

Book was indeed purchased on eBay from a forum member who advertised his auctions in the marketplace. I got the book very cheap, I believe I paid less than $25.00 for it, but it's a shame nevertheless.

I know some of you (ok, all of you) are out for blood, but to keep things fair I just PMed the seller and sent him the pics and am awaiting his reply/response.

Thanks for Kenny for looking out for my best interest, even though the had to turn it into a game and make a wad of cash from all you degenerate gamblers. :censored: