• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, does "Battle for the Cowl" #3 get "1st XXX as Batman?"

6 posts in this topic

Just curious how this stuff works, at CGC. With the latest issue of "Battle for the Cowl," we get to see who the new Batman is. Now, no one really believes Bruce is gone, right?

So, given that, does BftC #3 get the "1st X as Batman" designation, or will CGC wait a few months (maybe after "Darkest Night" pans out?) to see if the new Bats is indeed the real deal rolling forward, or if this is simply a temporary thing?

I mean, if the new title coming out (in July, I think) has the new Bats, doesn't that make BftC a "1st as" title?

These are the things I think about while at work, instead of working. :acclaim:

Grayson has been Batman before (in the "Prodigal" storyline), so BTFTC3 doesn't qualify as first Grayson as Batman.

A more appropriate comment might be " Grayson assumes the role of Batman" or something like that.

Ah, I didn't know the "Prodigal" storyline. Thanks, Kevin!

BTW, the best part of your post was the legitimate use of 's name throughout, being replaced by *spoon*.