• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,230 posts in this topic

Well looking at all these nice books I decided to do a couple group shots. First will be my Two Gun Kids. Still missing quite a few even after a couple years of collecting.

Batch 1

books021.jpg

Edited by BrianR

Maybe if you kept a list you wouldn't keep buying issues you already have instead of completing your run. ;)

Upgrades as I can find them. They don't come along too often. Haven't found copies of the ones I need in the grades I like...I know what I need lol

My Gunsmoke Westerns. I find these to be the hardest to find in decent condition out of RHK, KCO, TGK, and GS runs. I am missing quite a few as you can see. I love the copy of 64 since it has a Northern Pacific stamp on it. Something about westerns and railroads.

books056.jpg

Kid Colt Outlaw Batch 1

I am finding the issues in the 80's are tough to find at all 90's pretty easy except of course in decent enough shape for me to buy. 100 up seem to be the most common except 105 and 108 and of course it hard enough to find copies nice enough to buy of all. I see plenty of 100 compared to others just not very nice hence the reason I don't have one yet.

books034.jpg

Edited by BrianR

KCO Batch 2

Missing quite a few teens. They tend to be cheaper so I want the nicest raw copies I can get. Love cover to 110. Had to find a HG copy of that and luckily I did.

books038.jpg

What I like about Gunsmoke Western is that it was published concurrently with the earlier Marvel super-hero books, but I never knew it existed until maybe 10 years ago. Though I never really collected Marvel Westerns, i was a big SA Marvel fan in my youth, and it was like discovering a "lost" Marvel title.

On a side note, I only recently read that the original Two-Gun Kid actually pre-dates Kid Colt by a couple of months, and while the Atlas era "Kids" were largely interchangeable, I find the covers to the earlier version more compelling - probably because you get Maneely, Heath, Severin, Davis and Kirby.

KCO Batch 2

Missing quite a few teens. They tend to be cheaper so I want the nicest raw copies I can get. Love cover to 110. Had to find a HG copy of that and luckily I did.

books038.jpg

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Nice Brian Love that 114.

Edited by crimson dynamo