• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,230 posts in this topic

This one is on the cusp of SA, but Westerns seem to get more love here than in the GA Forum and late Atomic Age just Feels more SA.

Six-GunWestern3_zpsf93c86ed.jpg

Nice! That one is on the new want list! :cloud9:

Lemme guess. Every Atlas comic from '55 on? :baiting:

Seriously, can't wait to see your hear about your new quest. The last one was truly epic in scope.

This one is on the cusp of SA, but Westerns seem to get more love here than in the GA Forum and late Atomic Age just Feels more SA.

Seriously, can't wait to see your hear about your new quest. The last one was truly epic in scope.

Whats up Bro? Thanks! I still need the last 4 comics from the 20 years. Have not had much luck finding copies I like at prices I dont think are high. :mad: I have not figured out the years to collect yet. You think 1955 up? :popcorn: Been going after 1958 and 1959 pretty heavy. 1955 up might be a good plan. :headbang:

I have not figured out the years to collect yet. You think 1955 up? :popcorn: Been going after 1958 and 1959 pretty heavy.

I think a clear line is The Atlas Implosion. Finish up all the post Implosion books, then focus on The Comics Code. Go to code books, then pre-code, etc.

Me personally, I stop at The Implosion. Post Implosion is Marvel, and before is Atlas/Timely. Nice and neat.

Edited by KirbyJack

Whats up Bro? Thanks! I still need the last 4 comics from the 20 years. Have not had much luck finding copies I like at prices I dont think are high. :mad: I have not figured out the years to collect yet. You think 1955 up? :popcorn: Been going after 1958 and 1959 pretty heavy. 1955 up might be a good plan. :headbang:

What are the last 4 books that you are looking for?

I have not figured out the years to collect yet. You think 1955 up? :popcorn: Been going after 1958 and 1959 pretty heavy.

I think a clear line is The Atlas Implosion. Finish up all the post Implosion books, then focus on The Comics Code. Go to code books, then pre-code, etc.

Me personally, I stop at The Implosion. Post Implosion is Marvel, and before is Atlas/Timely. Nice and neat.

Post implosion is also far fewer books. It could take as long to complete a 1955 - 57 Atlas collection as 1958 - 1980 Marvel.