• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

The Kirby covers seldom escape you KJ. (thumbsu

When I was actively amassing Marvel westerns, I had to draw a line. I collected only comics that had a Kirby interior story. 

Edited by KirbyJack

@Frisco Larson, all the books you listed on this page and the previous page look cool!

I remember when I bought the first Rawhide Kid Masterwork book. I was predisposed to not like the stories, because no super-heroes were involved. I was greatly surprised by how much I enjoy those stories. Yes, some stories were derivative, but I still enjoyed them. The same thing occurred when I read the Amazing Fantasy Omnibus, and the Tales of Suspense and Tales to Astonish Masterworks. Good stories and good artwork always shine through.

2 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

@Frisco Larson, all the books you listed on this page and the previous page look cool!

I remember when I bought the first Rawhide Kid Masterwork book. I was predisposed to not like the stories, because no super-heroes were involved. I was greatly surprised by how much I enjoy those stories. Yes, some stories were derivative, but I still enjoyed them. The same thing occurred when I read the Amazing Fantasy Omnibus, and the Tales of Suspense and Tales to Astonish Masterworks. Good stories and good artwork always shine through.

Thanks Joe! I haven't had the chance to read any of those books yet and I'm looking forward to a break to do just that! I'm just getting started organizing my raw Silver Age, it's in several boxes and drawers and all disorganized, so I'll be posting more as I go thru them and take some pics. SO many funny books, so little time. lol

This next batch of books all came from the same dealer at a show last October and were quite a bonanza (pun sort of intended) for me as it's not always easy to find decent quality westerns at shows. Operating without a want list, I think I managed to only buy one double, which is actually in better condition than the copy I already had.

Gunsmoke western 65.jpg