• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coverless Amazing Fantasy 15

31 posts in this topic

Well, I purchased it this morning. :grin:

So if I send this in to Matt Nelson for a repro. cover, what kind of grade might it get from CGC?

Now you need to find a cover for sale without the book :banana:

What Max said! Frankenstein is our friend!

For what it'll cost to buy a front cover (to say nothing of the time it'll take to find one) and to get the front cover attached to the book, he would be better off buying a low grade, restored copy with the cover already attached.

Thanks for the heads up about the free covers, JazzMan and Comicdey!

I was late to the party, but posted my thoughts on GPA and contacted Fedoraman about his offer. We'll see what happens. :wishluck:

What would each page grade at if the book was taken apart and each page was submitted for grading and slabbing? Then you could actually read the entire book and enjoy it rather than have it sealed?

I have 5.0green qualified with 3 center wraps missing. If use the cover to attach to a cover less what would my final grade be?? Universal blue with cover detached or qualified with cover detached but now with centerwraps. What's the best course of action

I have 5.0green qualified with 3 center wraps missing. If use the cover to attach to a cover less what would my final grade be?? Universal blue with cover detached or qualified with cover detached but now with centerwraps. What's the best course of action

Combining a coverless copy with another geniune cover from a different book (not a repo) I believe is called a "married book".

If CGC doesn't catch it you would get a normal Blue label with the notation cover detached in the graders notes.

If they do catch it, I have no idea if that is put in the notes on a Blue label or if it gets the Green label. I haven't seen a "married book" graded.

I would guess it should get the Green, but again that's if they catch it.