• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coverless Amazing Fantasy 15

31 posts in this topic

Thought I'd get some opinions from the experts here.

With the prices AF 15 have gone for over the past year, I'm curious what anyone might think a coverless version is worth. I've found one that has all of the pages intact, and the back cover too. It's missing the front cover, but otherwise, looks like it's in pretty decent shape.

If I were to make an offer, any suggestions on a fair price?

spidey.jpg

If I am not mistaken they would give it a .5 incomplete.

There was that dupe cover graded awhile back that got a 4.5. Since then they have said any repro cover would get a .5

Or maybe it would get their new NG(No Grade) label now.

Owning an AF15 without a cover is like finding out that your sister is a great kisser. Maybe interesting in the abstract to some people, but ultimately useless for most.

Take whatever money you would spend on this book and put it into a savings account. Add $50-100 per month (or whatever) to the account until you have enough to buy one with a cover. You'll be much happier, even if you have to wait a few years until you can get one.

With the prices AF 15 have gone for over the past year, I'm curious what anyone might think a coverless version is worth. I've found one that has all of the pages intact, and the back cover too. It's missing the front cover, but otherwise, looks like it's in pretty decent shape.

spidey.jpg

Owning an AF15 without a cover is like finding out that your sister is a great kisser. Maybe interesting in the abstract to some people, but ultimately useless for most.

Take whatever money you would spend on this book and put it into a savings account. Add $50-100 per month (or whatever) to the account until you have enough to buy one with a cover. You'll be much happier, even if you have to wait a few years until you can get one.

spidey.jpg

If he's investing $50 or so a month and at the same time that issue is appreciating at that rate or higher...? Save what you can, I know thats the hardest part because I'm always finding low priced books that I can't turn down that derail my comic savings. Get a saving account at a bank that only has your savings account so you're not tempted.

AF#15 no cover: about $800

spidey.jpg

If he's investing $50 or so a month and at the same time that issue is appreciating at that rate or higher...? Save what you can, I know thats the hardest part because I'm always finding low priced books that I can't turn down that derail my comic savings. Get a saving account at a bank that only has your savings account so you're not tempted.

AF#15 no cover: about $800

Low grade AF#15s with covers are not going to appreciate steadily at $50+ per month for the next several years. The book is spiking in higher grade lately, but this isn't going to last forever. My point is that he shouldn't buy one without a cover. He should save up his money and buy one with a cover.

Well, I purchased it this morning. :grin:

So if I send this in to Matt Nelson for a repro. cover, what kind of grade might it get from CGC?

Now you need to find a cover for sale without the book :banana:

Brutal

Where's the love Ze

That's like bringing up father and son just to cause a stir.

Does anyone really know what was going on with Fedoraman?

Is he to be forever condemned? What anger management coursework does he need to complete to be welcomed back?

Just wondering?

Brutal

Where's the love Ze

That's like bringing up father and son just to cause a stir.

Does anyone really know what was going on with Fedoraman?

Is he to be forever condemned? What anger management coursework does he need to complete to be welcomed back?

Just wondering?

Brutal? Where's the love? Just to cause a stir?

Perhaps

Many times we do not know what goes on behind closed doors, but once that door is open it is hard to not form opinions. And he opened that door by doing what he did, not me. I have had plenty of "bad days", been drunk as a skunk and it never once crossed my mind to lash out in that fashion.

He can take happy pills, talk to Dr. Phil, raise kittens and come back on his own accord, but don't call me brutal for not wanting to play nice with a guy that has it in him to do stuff like that.

I for one am glad George posted that email, perhaps Fedora will now find the help he obviously needs.

Getting back to the subject of this thread...

If that's the AF 15 from a recent small auction (and I am almost positive it is), you paid $625.00 plus the 10% which brought the price to $687.50. That's at or near top of the market for a copy missing the front cover, in my opinion. There is no room left to have it restored. In otherwords, you paid a lot for it, so you should just kick back and enjoy it as is.

Well, I purchased it this morning. :grin:

So if I send this in to Matt Nelson for a repro. cover, what kind of grade might it get from CGC?

Now you need to find a cover for sale without the book :banana:

What Max said! Frankenstein is our friend!