• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen X-Men Comics 94 and Up in Brooklyn, NY

72 posts in this topic

I recently won an auction on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380123920111&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=&salenotsupported

and the item was delivered to my front door but was stolen because the postman is a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point and just let it in front begging to be stolen. The comics are pretty big issues, namely 94-120. The seller didn't get insurance because I didn't ask for it but there was no insurance offered by the seller. I contacted the seller and they said I should have asked for insurance and now I am screwed. I'm just asking in case you see these issues offered up for sale anywhere to let me know ASAP. I've already contacted my local comic stores to keep an eye out and the flea market vendors that I know and I've been scanning craigslist. The worst though is that the guy who stole them probably has no idea what the hell they have. Anyway, if anyone sees anything, let me know. Thanks.

Exactly how do you know all the details if you weren't there to receive it - how do you know it was sitting on your front step and was stolen? Did a neighbor notice them or do you have video cameras/surveillance?

I sent cc through paypal. I know it was stolen because I checked the delivery confirmation and it said it was delivered 5/23 at 915am and I was here. I called the post office and they said it was delivered.

hope the person that stole this gets ebola and dies.

Talk to paypal.

from the paypal seller protection page:

Signature receipt for valuable items – For items with a value of US$250.00 or more, proof of signature from the recipient will be needed to show that the item was delivered to the buyer.

So file a paypal claim/ item not received

The onus is on the seller to provide signature confirmation at the sellers expense.

I sent cc through paypal. I know it was stolen because I checked the delivery confirmation and it said it was delivered 5/23 at 915am and I was here. I called the post office and they said it was delivered.

That's my point, it was likely delivered to the wrong house, and I'd check around with neighbors to see for sure.

There are also scam artists who literally follow mail trucks around, so you may still be right.

I don't know. I think as long as they scan it in and it says delivered, they're off the hook. I hate the post office. I hope the person who stole this gets raped by a monkey, gets AIDS and dies.

Paypal does not consider delivery confirmation sufficient for that amount.

Hmm....I didnt know about the $250 signature thing. I'll check that out. As for my neighbors, they would let me know if I had a package. I hope the person who stole this gets sodomized by a plunger, gets an anal infection and dies.

Good luck with that, shill. :roflmao:

Unfortunaltly they can just leave it there, delivery confirmation just means they got it to the addressed location. I always have my books delivered to a place that someone is always there. doh!

Sorry for your loss. But it looks like the scans have been removed and these books will look like many others that are not 'stolen" :sorry:

WEBHEAD

My mail man is a booger eating insufficiently_thoughtful_person. On multiple occasions (last one was yesterday) he has left books on my doorstep. I have asked him not to do this as we have large locking boxes on our community mail box receptacle that can hold large boxes and packages.

Hey, I've never had any complications until now. I always offer insurance no matter how small the item. I always buy insurance for items over $50 but it wasn't offered. Am I to assume that the seller will get insurance for such a high price item? I don't know but I think charging $20 shipping should include insurance. Yes, I'm pretty sure the items were 'stolen' and by 'stolen' I mean some a-hole robbed me. I hope that the person who stole these comics get shanked in prison, gets raped in their newly made shank wound and dies because that's eventually where they will end up because they're dirty low life pieces of .