• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen X-Men Comics 94 and Up in Brooklyn, NY

72 posts in this topic

Geez, apparently there's a lot of bad mail carriers out there, makes me appreciate mine all the more. He never leaves boxes out by the road (I live in a rural area), when I have a box he'll drive down the 2 acre driveway, get out of his car, and carry the box to my front door, and knocking on the door if he sees my car there (not just leaving it on the porch). If I know I have a package coming I try to meet him at his car, the guy is disabled and has trouble walking, yet he still delivers packages with a smile. That's one of the many reasons I give him a hundo every Xmas.

I thought we closed this thread....darn thread closing mechanics don't seem to be operational right now lol

My bad...didn't read page 6 (the last page at the time) first before posting. Didn't realize the thread was "closed" until after I posted. :sorry:

I thought we closed this thread....darn thread closing mechanics don't seem to be operational right now lol

My bad...didn't read page 6 (the last page at the time) first before posting. Didn't realize the thread was "closed" until after I posted. :sorry:

we are just funning... post away (thumbs u

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's ever thought about this stuff but I maybe the only one vocal enough to post it. Besides, it's all in good fun. I mean seriously...shot in space and frozen? The Ark? If I said I want him and his family tortured and killed then yea...that's different but when you exaggerate like I did then no, I'm not serious and obviously just getting out my frustration at the whole postal system and the low lives that prey on people in my neighborhood.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's ever thought about this stuff but I maybe the only one vocal enough to post it. Besides, it's all in good fun. I mean seriously...shot in space and frozen? The Ark? If I said I want him and his family tortured and killed then yea...that's different but when you exaggerate like I did then no, I'm not serious and obviously just getting out my frustration at the whole postal system and the low lives that prey on people in my neighborhood.

well, I had $17,000 of comics stolen while in UPS's possession (under lock and key, no less)...so, I know for a fact that my books were stolen, and yet, I never chose to use your method of frustration release...and, if you had of just done it the one time, tongue and cheek, probably no issue with folks...but repeating time and time again, is a bit , shall we say, "questionable"...

and, at least you have paypal/cc recourse... I was a bonehead and didn't properly insure the books (I was the shipper) and I had to EAT a huge loss...so, at least you are on the protected end, so file, get your money back, and buy more copies...they are readily available (thumbs u

well, I had $17,000 of comics stolen while in UPS's possession (under lock and key, no less)...so, I know for a fact that my books were stolen, and yet, I never chose to use your method of frustration release...and, if you had of just done it the one time, tongue and cheek, probably no issue with folks...but repeating time and time again, is a bit , shall we say, "questionable"...

and, at least you have paypal/cc recourse... I was a bonehead and didn't properly insure the books (I was the shipper) and I had to EAT a huge loss...so, at least you are on the protected end, so file, get your money back, and buy more copies...they are readily available (thumbs u

I was amazed at how composed you were when that happened and how you dealt with it, all the way through final resolution.

You, sir, are the epitome of grace under pressure. (worship)(worship)(worship)

I guess I'm the dillweed here because I should assume that all is right with the world and my books would get to me unharmed or even get to me at all. I guess I should just file a claim with PayPal. Seriously though...there are no shenaginans here....just a frustrated guy who wants his books and wants the guy who stole his books to suffer a painful death by getting launched into space, naked, freezes and then gets hit by an asteroid and shatters into a million pieces like the T1000.

you have been given the correct advice multiple times, file the claim...plain and simple...

I guess my problem with your continued ignorant posts are the fact that you don't know your books were stolen...they could have been misdelivered, etc...that is the only thing delivery confirmation shows, that the carrier scanned them delivered (somewhere)...if you had proof someone stole them, I could understand your anger, etc, but I would still say your posts about wishing harm/death on this imaginary person, are ignorant and repetitive and have no place on this public forum

I concur. I'm the last one to give a lecture on maturity, but christonabike... :screwy:

Yeah, I mean it's more than OK to be ticked off about a missing package but you're just showing your bad side by continuing to post comments like that. What's your eBay buyer's name again? I think I'd like to block you from ever buying anything from me. :screwy:

Dude. FD and D27K closed this thread already.

Get with the program.

;)

Now you've got it!

By the way, the OP's user id is "robojo33".....

;)

I was amazed at how composed you were when that happened and how you dealt with it, all the way through final resolution.

You, sir, are the epitome of grace under pressure. (worship)(worship)(worship)

+1