• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade Avengers 1 & 4

13 posts in this topic

I'll jump in on this......I normally find when I compare my numbers with everyone else's I am a half point to a point too generous, so making the adjustment down I would say 5.0 for the #1 and 4.5 for the #4. I do not consider myself an expert, that's for sure, so don't lose any sleep over any of my grades.confused-smiley-013.gif

Red

VG/F and F- respectively.

Brian

I agree on the #1, but your grade on #4 surprises me a bit. Light soiling and blunted corners are the only notable flaws... the edges are nice and there are no creases. I was thinking 6.5 - 7.0 .... but that's why I post here.... to get others opinions! laugh.gif (I bought them both years ago from someone who is now a BSD National Dealer.... #1 was sold as Fine Minus and #4 was sold as Fine +)

I could see the #4 being a F with some wonder bread to the back cover. It's really not that bad of a book, but I'd say it's right at that middle point between the two grades. It could really go either way.

Brian

and F- on the Avengers #4...

although eye appeal wise, the #1 is much preferrable to my eye than the 4.

Thanks for the input. I think the scan may have been a bit tough on the #4... making it more tan than it is. Perhaps Wonder Bread would brighten it some tongue.gif

IMO:

1 is a borderline 5.0/5.5

4 is a borderline 5.5/6.0

The 1 has better eye appeal.

From the looks of the scans better page quality too.

I see no creaming like I see on the 4.

I find bright colors (especially red) are more scan friendly though, so in person the 4 may look better.

You did OK! thumbsup2.gif

Oh wait... What % of book did you pay before I say "You did OK"? grin.gif

IMO:

1 is a borderline 5.0/5.5

4 is a borderline 5.5/6.0

The 1 has better eye appeal.

From the looks of the scans better page quality too.

I see no creaming like I see on the 4.

I find bright colors (especially red) are more scan friendly though, so in person the 4 may look better.

You did OK! thumbsup2.gif

Oh wait... What % of book did you pay before I say "You did OK"? grin.gif

I bought these in the mid-90s. I paid $160 for #4 and $325 for #1. The #4 is creamy, but supple.... no brittleness. #1 does have nice W/OW pages.

Thanks! hi.gif