• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Second place......UGGGG

18 posts in this topic

Just got outbid on another book. This happens quite abit......I am the SECOND PLACE BIDDER !!! It always makes me wonder......"were there only two people who wanted this book?......or.....was the seller having a shill bid for him to drive the price up on ME...????

Anyways.....did someone here win this? Its a sweet looking book....but just got away from me.......(I was actually 3rd place on this one :cry: )

http://cgi.ebay.com/1945-Dell-Comics-79-Vintage-Walt-Disney-MICKEY-MOUSE_W0QQitemZ250428451501QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4eb2eaad&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Just got outbid on another book. This happens quite abit......I am the SECOND PLACE BIDDER !!! It always makes me wonder......"were there only two people who wanted this book?......or.....was the seller having a shill bid for him to drive the price up on ME...????

Anyways.....did someone here win this? Its a sweet looking book....but just got away from me.......(I was actually 3rd place on this one :cry: )

http://cgi.ebay.com/1945-Dell-Comics-79-Vintage-Walt-Disney-MICKEY-MOUSE_W0QQitemZ250428451501QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4eb2eaad&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Loser.

:jokealert:

Yeah, second fiddle sucks -- I'd much rather get buried in overbids. :censored: I bid what I feel is my 1, max bid... if I lose, oh well. Still, being that one underbidder is *spoon*.

Well, it does only take 2 folks to have an auction... someone is likely to go home sad. meh

i think if you bid more money than the other guy you'll win next time ?

I never thought of that :o

Better luck bidding next time :wishluck: I try to place my max bid plus a few bucks more if it is something I really want.

I hate when I forget about an auction and it goes for less than what I would have paid :frustrated:

That's such a cool book !

Yea...well my $556 bid wasn't enough to win it. Whats worse is.....I had to put in my bid on friday.....midday...cuz I had other obligations that would occupy my time till after the auction was over. Oh well.....you know what....where this book is......other are also....

That's such a cool book !

Yea...well my $556 bid wasn't enough to win it. Whats worse is.....I had to put in my bid on friday.....midday...cuz I had other obligations that would occupy my time till after the auction was over. Oh well.....you know what....where this book is......other are also....

pay for esnipe, it's worth it!

If you bid $556, you were the third place bidder. Two other bidders bid over $100 more than you a day after you bid. I don't see any signs of shill bidding. (shrug)

Yea.....I didn't really think this instance was a shill situation DP.....( I just wanted to show the auction) I was actually going out of town and had to put my final bid in a day before. That book was worth the $$$ it got I think.

Heres another.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250428763668

I lost by a buck at $72. Coming in second place sucks. Sometimes I am suspicious......and sometimes I figure I just got sniped. Thats just the way it is :(