• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how do you all track your comic collection

55 posts in this topic

I still use paper inventory sheets, but I'm old :lol:

And, my collection, long ago, won the inventory control battle...., :sorry:

I still use paper inventory sheets, but I'm old :lol:

And, my collection, long ago, won the inventory control battle...., :sorry:

Me too !

Still have a hardback note book my daughter bought me for Christmas just put a tick next to each comic I have , no grade or any other detail .

Microsoft Word - very old school, but easy for me to follow. (also have a relatively small collection of less than 1,000 books)

Any time I try to use the programs intended for comics they work slowly in practice and don't offer all the info at a quick glance.

I am old school to the max. I have tried the dedicated software, particularly Human Computing's Comic Base, and found all of them wanting.

Why Overstreet (and its subsequent owner/operators) didn't design a personal use program based on the database they had to use to produce the Price Guide I will never understand.

Make that software free and charge for each annual update. My "Guide" prices are updated automatically (but of course I would need the history).

Here is a sample of what I use today. I am seriously contemplating going Excel, but the data entry for my lot is simply a gargantuan exercise.

80475.jpg.835b1658ab1887aed3f6f06a194808c9.jpg

I used Comic Base for a few years until the computer crashed. I lost a majority of the data. Now I don't give a mess. I've decided to sell the majority of my collection. I think I can keep up with a dozen short boxes.

I use comic collectors software...its pretty good...and for conventions i usually make a list of "wants and needs" in the notes app on my iphone...i'm waiting on comic collectors to put out their iphone app...supposed to be early this month...