• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just won a bid for my earliest Iron Man comics so far :)

39 posts in this topic

Sort of. I'm going to be paying for it next month hopefully. It's a 6.5 :D

Sweet, I got myself a CGC'd 7.5 on its way back from CGC...can't wait get my hands on it...now TOS #39, on the other hand...that's gonna hurt. I'm looking to get the sweetest 2.0 I can afford...

Yep. You've deffinately got some classic mess bro. I want 1st Wolverine!!

7.5 sounds real nice - I'm happy with my 6.5 though :) I'm looking forward to touching it! haha.

I want TOS 39 real bad, but I can't see it happening for me anytime soon :(

Everybody seems to be after that nowadays too!

Sort of. I'm going to be paying for it next month hopefully. It's a 6.5 :D

Sweet, I got myself a CGC'd 7.5 on its way back from CGC...can't wait get my hands on it...now TOS #39, on the other hand...that's gonna hurt. I'm looking to get the sweetest 2.0 I can afford...

In my experience I have been underwhelemed when purchasing key books....

examples would include a cgc 8.0 Iron man #1 and a CGC 4.0 ASM #1.....I just had to have those books and then when I got them I sold them less than 6-months later......then I had sellers remorse and wanted them back lol

It's like that with most collectibles for me......just can't hold onto them for some reason. I have a group of descent low to mid-grade copies of Tales of Suspense if you have particular issues you are looking for....I believe my small run start with TOS #42 which still features the first version of Iron Man (thumbs u

Born in 1986, sir.

Same here. I don't turn 23 until next month. Nice to know there's someone else on here of the same age.

I've also noticed you're from the UK and those pictures are identical to the ones in the Iron Man listings I looked at over the weekend. Were you bidding for 1 and 2 as well? I'm the guy who bought them!

YEP! I bided for them. I was actually going to put a max bid for like 42, and you outbided me 5 seconds after, haha! It's fine though, because I have a CGC 6.5 coming anyway soon :) so I wasn't trippin' - Was really happy to just get all the other early issues to be honest bro! Hope it's a nice copy you won dude!!

Same here. I already have no.2 but my copy is quite brown. The one in the listing looked closer to the original white so I assume it's a better grade (my current copy of No.2 is VG+). I also have nos. 5, 8 and 9 from the title's early run. 5 is VG, 8 is FN- and 9 is VG+.

Well, still wuda liked it, haha, but nah, it's all good b :) just glad it wasn't some seller who outbid me and somebody who loves it as much as i would have! :D

Yeah, I'm gonna keep hold of them. I plan to scan the front and back cover of No.1 and post it on here for grading comments. If people think it's worth it, then I'll send it to CGC and see what happens.

Born in 1986, sir.

Same here. I don't turn 23 until next month. Nice to know there's someone else on here of the same age.

I've also noticed you're from the UK and those pictures are identical to the ones in the Iron Man listings I looked at over the weekend. Were you bidding for 1 and 2 as well? I'm the guy who bought them!

I bid on those as well lol

Born in 1986, sir.

Really? Wow. It really is a small world lol.

Born in 1986, sir.

Really? Wow. It really is a small world lol.

Not that many comic collectors in the UK lol