• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 1 @ Ebay... AN AMAZING PIECE OF TRUE COMIC BOOK "REPRINT" HISTORY

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

you got to check this out. i'm stunned by the price it has gone up to...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2214847382&category=32739

The seller wrote:

This is a NON GRADED copy of X-men volume 1 number 1. A FEW DAYS AGO THE SAME COMIC BOOK GRADED DIDN'T HIT A RESERVE AT $1975.09 LOOK AT Ebay item # 2212626402. Graded this book can make a significant profit. I would think the book is in fair to good condition & I grade strict giving the customer the benefit of doubt. By my feedback you can tell I'm worthy of my word. I was told the USD estimated price is $1600.00 in this condition. Take advantage of this opportunity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Jan-01-04 at 16:28:40 PST, seller added the following information:

THIS IS A REPRINTED COPY OF THE FIRST X-MEN COMIC BOOK.

352059-3f_1.jpg.69cf4bae9319b1ca8676133091156817.jpg

I dont know but in his original description he implies that this book is worth the same as a copy of the real Uncanny X-men 1 that sold a little while back for almost $2,000... I don't see anything in his edited description retracting that statement. Also, he claims that he was told his book is worth $1600 in Fair/Good condition.. even the original X-men 1 isn't worth $1600 in Fair/Good.

I think after finding out that his comic is worth about $1 with the bidding up over $200 already, if he were trying to be honest here he would have already pulled the auction.