• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare Modern?

68 posts in this topic

You can add quite a few Valiants to the list if you are talking 2,000 copies or less. hm

Not Valiants... unless you count limited signed editions of regular issues (VVSS).

Chaos Effect Alpha (Red variant) might be less than 5,000.

Eternal Warrior #1 Gold (flat, with cover price) might be around 4,000.

The rest of the limited books are at least 5,000 copies.

Acclaim (who bought Valiant) had a few at 2,000 or less.

Shadowman Volume 2, #16 Glow-in-the-Dark (around 850 copies)

Shadowman Volume 3, #1 Painted Cover with Cover Price (around 1,200 copies)

Shadowman Volume 3, #2 Photo Cover "Good, Bad, Very Ugly" (around 1,000 copies)

Guess it has been a while since I checked out the website, Greg. lol

Michael, you know better than to disagree with RMA. (tsk)

Even when he's wrong, he's right. :insane:

Yeah...FIND where I've been wrong....

I'll wait........................

:whistle:

Don't worry, I've got time....

lol

Dude, I wouldn't even attempt. I only prod the beast, then when he rears his head, I'm out the back door! :whistle:

The comment was more about the veracity of your statements, rather than stating that you were wrong. I think you were being needlessly complex and the whole situation (concerning ashcans, the market, etc.) can be put much more simply, but alas, that is your modus operandi.

But I will say that you aren't often wrong, RMA. :foryou:

:gossip:....look up the word "veracity"....

;)

Ah, I apologize. I mis-typed. I meant "voracity." As in, "Having or marked by an insatiable appetite for an activity or pursuit."

Sorry for the confusion. :wink:

:gossip:....look up the word "veracity"....

;)

Ah, I apologize. I mis-typed. I meant "voracity." As in, "Having or marked by an insatiable appetite for an activity or pursuit."

Sorry for the confusion. :wink:

I just thought it was funny that you typed the word that means "devotion to the truth"....

Hehehehe.... ;)

Asked and granted. :insane:

It's pretty straightforward. He asked about the market. If you want to get incredibly nitpicky and detaily...and you know I can....then yes, this board is part of "the market"...but it's such a tiny, infinitesimal part of the market as a whole as to be statistically irrelevant, especially where it concerns non-slabbed moderns.

What a seller gets HERE, and anywhere where the seller sets the price, as opposed to eBay (and the like), where the buyers do, isn't really a good indicator of what the things are really worth.

Put simply: YOU do NOT a market make.

I've sold the same amount of ashcans as BIN's on ebay that I've sold here - for about the same price as well (well, actually a little bit higher seeing that I factor the ebay fees into the price when I list things over there).

So ebay doesn't count as a market either? Or would it only count as a market if I was selling these in a regular auction, as opposed to a BIN?

It's pretty straightforward. He asked about the market. If you want to get incredibly nitpicky and detaily...and you know I can....then yes, this board is part of "the market"...but it's such a tiny, infinitesimal part of the market as a whole as to be statistically irrelevant, especially where it concerns non-slabbed moderns.

What a seller gets HERE, and anywhere where the seller sets the price, as opposed to eBay (and the like), where the buyers do, isn't really a good indicator of what the things are really worth.

I've sold the same amount of ashcans as BIN's on ebay that I've sold here - for about the same price as well (well, actually a little bit higher seeing that I factor the ebay fees into the price when I list things over there).

So ebay doesn't count as a market either? Or would it only count as a market if I was selling these in a regular auction, as opposed to a BIN?

Simple answers: YOU do NOT a market make.

YOU are not "ebay". You are one drop in a sea.

And, were I to ask you to prove your claims, I don't really believe you can, can you?

And the issue of "signed and numbered" v. regular has been ignored by you, I see.

:)

And, were I to ask you to prove your claims, I don't really believe you can, can you?

And the issue of "signed and numbered" v. regular has been ignored by you, I see.

Wow. Your ego is just astounding :screwy:

I will happily provide paypal receipts for Image ashcans that I've sold here and on ebay for $10-15 each - and when I do, I'll also expect an immediate & full apology seeing that I am getting rather sick & tired of you shooting your mouth off about things you know little about.

I'm ignoring the signed/numbered vs. regular issue because posting a bunch of scans from Mile High doesn't really mean squat - in my experience, the vast majority of the ashcans that I run across from Image are signed & numbered (or just signed, or just numbered, whatever). You obviously have no personal experience with this seeing that you aren't posting pictures of books you own yourself (or have sold yourself), so, again, your input is rather useless.

Sandman #8 error variant - supposedly less than 500 copies of this. There hasn't been a public sale of a CGC copy of this book since 2007 - and there has been exactly 1 (one) raw copy on ebay in the last 2 years or so.

There's also supposed to be a black & white Sandman preview (released before Sandman #1) - which I have personally never seen anywhere.

8A is the Karen Berger Editorial variant, not an error correct?

I definitely agree with these being uber rare... Finally got my raw copy of the editorial variant last December. Still looking for a Sandman preview

On the contrary. Certain sellers can set the market high on every sale. That counts. That's the main fish in the sea.

Licensable Bear 4. Good luck finding one.

I still regret not buying some copies from Midtown when they had 'em. :(

I dont even bother looking now. Under 1k means you gotta get dang lucky.

Now SD 137 while very low printed I can easily pick up the 1st print non variant at cover and get $12-18 No problem.

On the contrary. Certain sellers can set the market high on every sale. That counts. That's the main fish in the sea.

Quiet, Drunky!

Quiet, Drunky!

:sorry:

Wow. Your ego is just astounding :screwy:

You're kidding, right? I mean, coming from YOU?

Now, can we have a discussion where we don't attack each other with irrelevant comments?

I will happily provide paypal receipts for Image ashcans that I've sold here and on ebay for $10-15 each - and when I do, I'll also expect an immediate & full apology seeing that I am getting rather sick & tired of you shooting your mouth off about things you know little about.

You have been consistently wrong on a variety of topics, and, when called on it, you've never...not once....acknowledged it. So, spare me your "I'm getting rather sick & tired of you shooting your mouth off about things you know little about" because it is YOU, my friend, doing the shooting with the lack of knowledge. I've dedicated one HELL of a lot of my time to studying comics, comics history, and every aspect of the comics industry I possibly can...and what I DON'T know, I RESEARCH.

So, when you spout off with your ill-educated "corrections", it just makes you look ignorant.

So I will call your bluff. Show me your Paypal receipts where you sell NON signed and NON numbered Image ashcans CONSISTENTLY for $10-$15.

Cause it sure doesn't exist on eBay.

I'm ignoring the signed/numbered vs. regular issue because posting a bunch of scans from Mile High doesn't really mean squat

Yes, evidence which proves you don't know what you're talking about "means squat!"

lol

You ignored the issue because you were WRONG. The vast majority of Image ashcans are plain ol' UNsigned, UNnumbered.

- in my experience, the vast majority of the ashcans that I run across from Image are signed & numbered

Hey, look, a bonafide backpedal!

Here's what Mschmidt originally said:

...the vast majority of the Image ashcans are, in fact, signed & numbered....

Notice that? He even included an "in fact"! Sounds pretty concrete and unequivocal to me.

NOW, he QUALIFIES it by saying "in my experience" and "that I run across"...quite a difference in tone, innit? Lots of equivocation there...oddly, no "oops...guess I was wrong"....strange, that.

So shut it, kid. You were wrong, you were PROVEN wrong with EVIDENCE, and now you're backpedaling to save face. Next time, do some research before "correcting" someone else on these boards, huh?

(or just signed, or just numbered, whatever). You obviously have no personal experience with this seeing that you aren't posting pictures of books you own yourself (or have sold yourself), so, again, your input is rather useless.

What a braindead, provocative, and totally illogical comment. The LAST PICTURE is a picture of THREE of my own ashcans.

If I thought rubbing your nose in it would actually accomplish something positive, I'd gather all my ashcans, take pictures of them, and prove you wrong yet again....but it would change nothing, so I'm not going to waste my time. The SOURCE of the pictures means nothing. It does not MATTER that those scans are from Mile High, Lone Star, or my fat behind...they prove the point.

You were wrong. Even worse, you were wrong while trying to "correct" someone. Don't get pissy and hostile with ME simply because you were proven wrong and are too proud to admit it.