• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have a DC or Marvel Subscription

28 posts in this topic

I'd be fine with a 9.2. Mainly I just want my Green Lanterns to look nice, I prefer the books I like to be higher condition

Then the advice would be subscribe to the books you and your son want to read but look elsewhere for high grade collection. also my mailbox is huge,so I don`t have a problem with mailman trying to make them fit.I hope that helps,I rather have people actually read the moderns then just actually bag and board them. Comics need all the new readers they can get.

yeah, i think I'll get some for my son, see how they end up arriving, and then might move some of my collection to subscription, at least until I move to AZ, then I might try to get a job at one of the shops there

I did subscriptions on Power Pack and Spectacular around 1988-1989. Back then, they just slid them in a brown piece of paper, opened on both ends. hehe.

I did subscriptions on Power Pack and Spectacular around 1988-1989. Back then, they just slid them in a brown piece of paper, opened on both ends. hehe.

Only a few years before that, it was just a shipping label GLUED TO THE FRONT COVER.

:eek:

-slym (wishes he still had those)

Only a few years before that, it was just a shipping label GLUED TO THE FRONT COVER.

:eek:

-slym (wishes he still had those)

The brown wrappers often ended up glued to the book as well! The sleeve was apparently wrapped around the book with wet glue... a little slop and suddenly you found yourself with a stripe of brown paper, or at least a few bits of it, stuck to the back of your comic!

I was wondering if anyone still subscribes to titles from DC or Marvel. I'm wondering how the shipping is. Do the books arrive in good condition or are the dinged a bit?

Yep,I do. best deal going right now is the Amazing Spider-Man 36 issues subcription for $49.97 which equals out to $1.39 an issue for Spidey. It paid for itself right off the bat when one of the first books they sent me was the Obama/Spiderman first print(I sold for $100) and they come in the condition you buy them at your LCS,plus what modern comics in the last ten years other then the Obama/Cap#25 issues did it matter if the book was in great condition? most moderns lose value wherther bagged or boarded or not.

Do you get the direct market edition or the UPC/newstand edition with Marvel subs these days?