• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

What happened to all of the Art of Chew sketchbooks on ebay? Did they dry up that quickly? What were they going for?

I'm not talking about the Larry's limited to 200 version. There are a bunch of those sitting there. I'm talking about the one that Guillory brought to the Con.

What happened to all of the Art of Chew sketchbooks on ebay? Did they dry up that quickly? What were they going for?

I'm not talking about the Larry's limited to 200 version. There are a bunch of those sitting there. I'm talking about the one that Guillory brought to the Con.

My understanding was that the book had a print of 100 so it wouldn't be hard for it to dry up (shrug)

My understanding was that the book had a print of 100 so it wouldn't be hard for it to dry up (shrug)

Agreed. That's why I snatched one up for probably more than I needed to spend.

One the other hand, supposedly the Larry's Variant has only 200. I'd think those would be snatched up by now too, but there are several out there not selling. I know he has a voucher around here now, but it still wreaks.

Wondering what the 100 copy run would go for now...... might put mine up in a bit.

Edited by 400yrs

Agreed. That's why I snatched one up for probably more than I needed to spend.

One the other hand, supposedly the Larry's Variant has only 200. I'd think those would be snatched up by now too, but there are several out there not selling. I know he has a voucher around here now, but it still wreaks.

Wondering what the 100 copy run would go for now...... might put mine up in a bit.

Pray tell, what "wreaks"?

I just sold two 9.8s this week to boardies! :acclaim:

I still have trouble believing any numbers attached to any of the Larry's variants.

200 is a pretty small #. I'd bet that members here can almost account for all of those.

Edited by 400yrs

I still have trouble believing any numbers attached to any of the Larry's variants.

200 is a pretty small #. I'd bet that members here can almost account for all of those.

Then you are questioning my integrity as well, which is entirely within your rights to do.

However, I won't even entertain the possibility without proof. 200 is more than you think it is for such a specialized item. The 1000 counts are worse, it seems at times that there may be thousands out there floating around, but I'm telling you now, the numbers don't add up to 1000, nor even close.

Maybe not.

If he does another 100 - 200 run of variant of a book I like, I'll try to keep track of his ebay sales for myself. Obviously, there's no way I can track his in store sales (which you'd think would be fairly significant for an in store signing like this one was).

Obviously, getting proof is about impossible. And I'm not even saying he has a ton more than advertised, but I always have questions.

Edited by 400yrs

I know for a fact that the majority of the books purchased/signed were the #1 variant, as I was the CGC Witness present. Remember this isn't a mainstream superhero title we are talking about, and though it was well received it probably didn't have the interest/exposure of something more mainstream.

It's all good though, the book is fantastic. Track the ebay sales, I think it's a good idea to get a better handle on the actual volume of books that sell, and not just these variants.

Maybe not.

If he does another 100 - 200 run of variant of a book I like, I'll try to keep track of his ebay sales for myself. Obviously, there's no way I can track his in store sales (which you'd think would be fairly significant for an in store signing like this one was).

Obviously, getting proof is about impossible. And I'm not even saying he has a ton more than advertised, but I always have questions.

I answered before the edit, and just want to comment that "questions" are one thing, indicating something "wreaks" is different. (thumbs u