• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

This sort of stuff is incentive for me NOT to give out Christmas cards and such in the future.

Thanx Gav! :taptaptap:

I never had any intention of ruining the fun for anybody else Dave, it was simply a case of selling off my favourite pieces of my collection as I'm in dire need of the cash.

Maybe I should think before I act in future. Hopefully my thoughtlessness hasn't spoiled things for other Chew fans.

i just got quite a few from my fellow Canadian buddy Branget after i saw Kathryn's post some books she got from him and then I had to buy some . now my chew collection has grown as did my walking dead collection :D

not sure what numbers i got from him again

#3,4,5,6,7,9 i believe so missing 8,10,11 and 12 soon

have them all in raw but a 9.8+ in a cgc case just looks better specially if mr layman decides to sign on it :D

Edited by magZ

This sort of stuff is incentive for me NOT to give out Christmas cards and such in the future.

Thanx Gav! :taptaptap:

I never had any intention of ruining the fun for anybody else Dave, it was simply a case of selling off my favourite pieces of my collection as I'm in dire need of the cash.

Maybe I should think before I act in future. Hopefully my thoughtlessness hasn't spoiled things for other Chew fans.

No soup for you lol

I hope John decides to do Christmas cards again,I was'nt able to get one last year.So John if your reading this,please do Christmas cards,Halloween cards whatever you want.I am a true fan that loves your work,and have never sold not one item from my comic,OA collection. :foryou:

Dear themightylayman,

Gav is my friend and a great collector going through a rough patch now. Whatever his situation is, it would have had to been dire as he loves this hobby way too much to hurt it for others. He respects so many people on these boards and makes it a better community for all of us. Please, forgive him for what happened Mr. Layman. It was just a mistake. Thank you for listening.

Jerel

my cat tribbles was in issue #11 :)
Congratulations(I'm gonna go look again). I've only missed issue #10 so far :( (it's what you get for living in New Hampster, lol ), but I'm always on the look out to see if Salem cat got in.

salembling.jpg

She loves to pose, I swear she was a model in a past life.

But, I do love the cat section in the letters. Great stuff in a great book!

See what happens when I don't read every thread? I miss out on the NOLA sketchbook! Anyone have an extra? Are there any other oddities yet? (Just the two sketchbooks, two tpb's, 11 issues, and reprints of 1-3 and a Larry's variant, right?) Was there ever a followup on ordering Italian editions for completist weirdos? (I'd actually like more of those than English, to leave around the office.)

3 Sketchbooks with one having a Larry`s variant so 4

Reprints of 4

Sup. Been keeping a checklist over on imageforums

http://www.imagecomics.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=47672

I think it's complete. T-shirt and x-mas card on the list too. If anyone knows of anything I'm missing. (but i don't think i am) please let me know.

I hope John decides to do Christmas cards again,I was'nt able to get one last year.So John if your reading this,please do Christmas cards,Halloween cards whatever you want.I am a true fan that loves your work,and have never sold not one item from my comic,OA collection. :foryou:

He gave 5 cards away on the image forums too (just BEFORE it hit the fan here.) -Thanks again John!

Edited by Darkhuman

Beware. A seller on eBay posted 5-6 raw copies of chew 1 first print in NM/M with a $30 BIN using a stock photo. Seller is new and has no feedback. When I asked if he could send pictures or scans this is what I got:

Dear pher85,

I am sorry, I don't have a scanner or a camera. I don't even have my own computer and I'm using the ones at the library, which is why it took me so long to respond to you, I am sorry.

- theziggystarbucks

I am a true fan that loves your work,and have never sold not one item from my comic,OA collection. :foryou:

I knew something had been bugging me about what had been said in here, and it was this Dave. I don't know if you meant to insinuate that I'm not a true collector, but that's how it sounds.

I won't go into the extent of the Chew collection I owned, how much I spent on it or the reasons for having to sell it.

But I did consider myself a fan, as I still do about the books I do still buy. But I never thought that circumstances forcing me to sell stuff I love would turn me into, well, whatever the term is for a non-true collector.

He gave 5 cards away on the image forums too (just BEFORE it hit the fan here.) -Thanks again John!

When what hit the fan? I decided to sell something, the creator expressed his distaste, I apologised.

I am a true fan that loves your work,and have never sold not one item from my comic,OA collection. :foryou:

I knew something had been bugging me about what had been said in here, and it was this Dave. I don't know if you meant to insinuate that I'm not a true collector, but that's how it sounds.

I won't go into the extent of the Chew collection I owned, how much I spent on it or the reasons for having to sell it.

But I did consider myself a fan, as I still do about the books I do still buy. But I never thought that circumstances forcing me to sell stuff I love would turn me into, well, whatever the term is for a non-true collector.

When what hit the fan? I decided to sell something, the creator expressed his distaste, I apologised.

No Gav,I did'nt mean that,and am very sorry if you took it the wrong way.I just wanted to let Mr. Layman know that there are other fans that have yet to get such a great gift for Christmas,and would hope that he would still consider giving them away.It had nothing to do with you at all,I apologize profusely if I made it sound in any way like I was talking about you. :(