• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

I don't think so. The sale of the #2 cover did little to affect prices. Also if I'm not mistaken there's actually a sale on some pages.

Rob doubled his prices for covers after that sale.

Actually, his cover prices started going up before the sale of the #2 cover piece.

And it completely depends on the cover content. There is no standard price for a cover. He certainly did not double it.

I'm not one that sits on here and argues. Yes, your correct that the prices vary, all I am saying was that at that time he said his covers would be going from $400 to $800. At that time pretty much most of his covers had the same price tag.

But again you have your facts wrong. If you don't wish to discuss your statements then spend more time researching them. Covers went in general (for a Tony/Savoy) from $400 to $600 to $800. At the time of the sale of #2 there was an increase from $600 to $800. The increase was actually announced before the sale of #2. Since that increase which was for #12 there has been a cover for $400, 500, 750, 800 and 875. There is no doubling. As I understand it $400 for a cover of a popular title is quite cheap so there needed to be some adjustment.

It's true. I decided to raise cover prices because 1) Almost every art rep in the business kept telling me "You're selling TOO LOW" and 2) You scamps started selling them for a buttload on eBay :)

Cover prices generally range between 400-800, depending on characters featured and general content. It fluctuates. Example: The CHEW 15 Last Supper cover (featuring every major character in a tri-fold cover) is a special exception and will most likely be sold via auction. Interior pages usually range from 150-300.

-Rob

Welcome to the boards Rob! Congrats on the baby. Hope Aiden and April are doing well :) Hopefully you don't mind a few sketches in New Orleans ;)

Keep up the good work (thumbs u

I don't think so. The sale of the #2 cover did little to affect prices. Also if I'm not mistaken there's actually a sale on some pages.

Actually, his cover prices started going up before the sale of the #2 cover piece.

And it completely depends on the cover content. There is no standard price for a cover. He certainly did not double it.

I'm not one that sits on here and argues. Yes, your correct that the prices vary, all I am saying was that at that time he said his covers would be going from $400 to $800. At that time pretty much most of his covers had the same price tag.

But again you have your facts wrong. If you don't wish to discuss your statements then spend more time researching them. Covers went in general (for a Tony/Savoy) from $400 to $600 to $800. At the time of the sale of #2 there was an increase from $600 to $800. The increase was actually announced before the sale of #2. Since that increase which was for #12 there has been a cover for $400, 500, 750, 800 and 875. There is no doubling. As I understand it $400 for a cover of a popular title is quite cheap so there needed to be some adjustment.

It's true. I decided to raise cover prices because 1) Almost every art rep in the business kept telling me "You're selling TOO LOW" and 2) You scamps started selling them for a buttload on eBay :)

Cover prices generally range between 400-800, depending on characters featured and general content. It fluctuates. Example: The CHEW 15 Last Supper cover (featuring every major character in a tri-fold cover) is a special exception and will most likely be sold via auction. Interior pages usually range from 150-300.

-Rob

Haha, awesome! Good to hear that Rob is here! Hope you come back often! Rob, please give us a heads up a little in advance on the Chew 15 cover. I need to make sure I got some cash for that auction.

-Rob

Wow first we had the mighty Laymen and now the brilliant Guillory. Thanks so much for joining in with the discussion and WTTB. How's Aiden doing? I had a son recently myself and it's a great feeling :cloud9: Thanks for continuing the fine work, I love reading Chew (thumbs u

hey rob!

nice to see you on here too. i will echo everyone congrats (i did all that on fb andy bernstein on there)

glad to see you come on here and clear things up

PS can you come on here and let us know when the auction comes up. doubt i will be able to afford it but will def want to watch it.

Edited by medusanyc

I like it Doug! I might just copy that when I frame my page from issue 1 :)

(thumbs u can't wait to see it

Might take a while since my page will be with my uncle in New York and I am in the Philippines :( I will post my other page that I have here soon though!