• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

I had an issue as well, had a non-payment case open, but he paid the day before I was going to close it out.

I sent a message as well, asking if he was going to go through with it, but no response. Heck, if he would have replied saying he needed some extra time, I would have been OK, but nothing. Got paid in the end, but hate dealing with that.

A chew live action show would be great as long as it is not identical to the material in the comicbook, but retains the feel of the first couple issues. The twists and turns in the Walking Dead are one reason that I am so anxious to watch. I think ultimately that it is boring for fans to watch a show that it is identical to the original work. For these reasons, inter alia, I'm of the opinion that Chew wouldn't work as a cartoon and that it would undoubtably have the same problems that are keeping the Goon from being released (i.e., fear that adult animation/CGI will not make enought money, fear that adults couldn't let their children watch and that adults wouldn't watch animation/CGI in large enough numbers to make the show a sucess). On the other hand, shows/films that modify the source material moderately keep original fans interesting and pacify the masses do work (i.e., the Walking Dead). The idea of a bird flu pandemic, the rise of the FDA and chicken busts is going to be tough enough for those who don't read the comic to wrap their heads around. If Showtime introduces aliens, the vampire, fire in the sky, a cyborg face, etc., I fear that the show will not make it to season two. This is just me thinking out loud and mererly my opinion (and remember that opinions are like ********, everyone has one). I would appreciate it if others would share their thoughts, opinions and insights. Also, has anyone heard anything about Showtime's other projects (100 Bullets and The Damned)? I hope that all three of these projects don't go the way of Locke and Key! I was/am really rooting for Chew. It is more enjoyable than every title I am currently reading and there is a ton of good stuff being produced by the comic industry right now!

i think it's bull@#&^ with all the stuff going on

EBay should do more the stop this kind of nonsense , Sad that it will harm all the people that might be new to comics/ebay and are trying to buy something they love but because of others being individual_without_enough_empathys it is harder for them to get stuff at reasonable prices or even being trusted by sellers .

everybody has to start somewhere .

thank god we know about the boards and have somewhere we can buy sell stuff to honest people

The last I have heard from the folks at Showtime (SNI) through my work the Chew 30 minute TV show has more or less been shelved. If I hear anything I will post about it.

Thanks brendan. Are you in the entertainment business?

Not quite, I work for a major cable company and get to interact with reps and marketing departments for the bigger channels including the premimum channels like Showtime and HBO. A lot of cool perks come with this job. :)

I get to see what is in development for these channels which is really cool so that we can put together different marketing campaigns or sales campaigns together for our side of the business.

The last I have heard from the folks at Showtime (SNI) through my work the Chew 30 minute TV show has more or less been shelved. If I hear anything I will post about it.

Not quite, I work for a major cable company and get to interact with reps and marketing departments for the bigger channels including the premimum channels like Showtime and HBO. A lot of cool perks come with this job. :)

I get to see what is in development for these channels which is really cool so that we can put together different marketing campaigns or sales campaigns together for our side of the business.

Sounds like a cool job. Do you get to keep promo posters or any other promo material and if so what is the coolest item you have.

Sounds like a cool job. Do you get to keep promo posters or any other promo material and if so what is the coolest item you have.

I get cool promo stuff all the time. Especially from HBO, Showtime and Starz. I don't have room in my house for it though so I generally give them away. I sometimes get full size movie theatre style posters for their shows, also a whole range of things from calendars to coffee cups, tshirts, jackets, hats, etc.

For Boardwalk Empire I got a really sweet custom set of poker chips in a case along with some nice custom Copag plastic playing cards. I held onto those but don't know where my wife hide them.

Anymore when we do special promos with these channels I usually get cash kickbacks instead of promo items, once they started giving me a choice of cash vs. whatever it was an easy decision.

I get cool promo stuff all the time. Especially from HBO, Showtime and Starz. I don't have room in my house for it though so I generally give them away. I sometimes get full size movie theatre style posters for their shows, also a whole range of things from calendars to coffee cups, tshirts, jackets, hats, etc.

For Boardwalk Empire I got a really sweet custom set of poker chips in a case along with some nice custom Copag plastic playing cards. I held onto those but don't know where my wife hide them.

Anymore when we do special promos with these channels I usually get cash kickbacks instead of promo items, once they started giving me a choice of cash vs. whatever it was an easy decision.

any Game of Thrones stuff you wanna give away :takeit:

With season 2 coming up I will keep you in mind. I am sure I can score some cool stuff from my HBO rep.

A couple weeks ago I got some little pewter figures for Game of Thrones along with a pewter paperweight of the big throne itself. I already gave those all away or they would be yours.

I'd LOVE to buy the poker set!! Ask wifey where it is!!

I will try and see if she knows where it is, I hope she didn't toss it when we moved early last year. I have never seen a similar one for sale, sometimes eBay will have some of them on there, but the one I got was in a really nice wood case along with those nice copag cards. The ones that pop up on eBay are usually in a black case with cheap paper cards.

:applause: That's great stuff. You should have a sales thread. I'm sure there would be a lot of interest for it. :takeit:

With season 2 coming up I will keep you in mind. I am sure I can score some cool stuff from my HBO rep.

A couple weeks ago I got some little pewter figures for Game of Thrones along with a pewter paperweight of the big throne itself. I already gave those all away or they would be yours.

:whee:

If he influenced them then I am not aware of it. I cancelled a zero feedback bidder but after speaking with them I allowed them to bid again. The winning bidder paid but I have not shipped yet. So far so good.