• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

He stopped messaging me but he only tends to start when I have a Chew #1 listed. So I'm not sure if he's gone or waiting. lol

You so need to photoshop up a Chew #1 to make it look like a super ultra limited one of a kind variant and put it up with like a Million $$$ BIN and see how he responds. He will either offer to have your baby or threaten that he is with the CIA and is a Space Shuttle Door Gunner or something crazy and will attempt to confiscate it.

I just received a very nice email from April (Rob Guillory's wife). She confirmed that the Chew television show continues to be developed by Showtime. The rumors suggesting that the show was "shelved" are false. I hope that anyone who made comments to that effect on this message board or elsewhere will refrain from making such statements and correct their false representations.

I just received a very nice email from April (Rob Guillory's wife). She confirmed that the Chew television show continues to be developed by Showtime. The rumors suggesting that the show was "shelved" are false. I hope that anyone who made comments to that effect on this message board or elsewhere will refrain from making such statements and correct their false representations.

If by still being developed by Showtime she means the possible -script they bought is sitting on a shelf at this time (because it sure as hell isn't in any sort of pre-production stages or casting stages) and we may see a show at the earliest in 2014 then you are correct.

:gossip: I have seen what Showtime has in the works for their 2013-2014 lineup including 2 new shows and Chew isn't part of that lineup.

Obviously Rob's wife hopes that Showtime develops the show because of the money they would see from it and she is going to tell some random stranger sending emails that it is being made. I mean do you think she is going to tell you some insider information that you can't just Google? You are being fed the same line as what came out last March when people were hoping this would possibly go into production and be on this years lineup.

Anyway George I understand you really, really want this show to happen but the next step is to go into pre-production and possibly casting and Showtime isn't doing either. Also refrain from making such statements and correct their false representations? Get that lawyer talk out of here. Chew is as close to going into pre-production as Locke & Key is, oh wait...........

Not Chew related ... or is it hm

Rob did this at a local charity event we had back in the beginning of December. Thought ya'll might like.

0726d7ff.jpg

That's awesome, I have something similar. Rob was painting random things at a local shop and I asked him to do a ninja turtle, looks great, I'll post a pic up later

Well this took a twist. :popcorn:

No chance of a hush-hush on the show?

Being completely hush-hush, not really that is pretty much impossible in this industry. The timelines for shows with Showtime are pretty similar from development to pre-production to finally post-production and actually debuting.

I got to see those timelines for both Shameless (which was a little quicker since it is based on an already existing series overseas) and Homeland so I would say I am familar with how Showtime does this.

The facts right now are Showtime owns the rights to have Chew as a series. They have actual scripts on hand along with a tenative producer/director who is interested if they greenlight this to go into pre-production. That is pretty much it. They are not doing any sort of storyboarding, nor are they starting to cast animators or voice actors. These would be the next steps in the process. Sure you can say the show is still in development, but there is nothing else to develop at this point. They either take the next step to start producing the show, or what they currently have is just sitting there with nothing else going on. If that explanation doesn't make sense then I give up. :facepalm:

If this was to be greenlight tomorrow it would be pushing it to be ready for the 2013-2014 show season at this time. Best case we may see this two show seasons from now. I am a fan of the book and would love to see this show but I will not be holding my breath.