• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

Because it's fun and the thread is entertaining.

I enjoy Chew

The creators are AWESOME

:whee:

:popcorn:

I have to thank your enthusiasm for this comic, for getting me into it. Constantly seeing your old sig was like subliminal messaging to me. I'm so glad I started to read it and now my misses also loves it, the art is fantastic and unique. We find ourselves comparing it to a pixar film if only they were to make mature films.

Genuine question:

How long until Chew finishes.

When it does,what will hold its value?

It's nowhere near as good as 'Y' and you can buy a really good raw for $150.

I loved the first 10 or so books but then I kinda went - meh - and i appreciate that many didn't, and continue to be firm fans.

However...I believe, without wishing ANY kind of financial woes on anyone, that maybe 'Chew', without a show on TV, could be vunerable, much the way ToT will crash if the show doesn't eventuate.

I used to love it - now, I'm not so sure.

I guess thats the joy of moderns.

And yes,I have a horse or two in the #1 stakes.

should sell them now then, TO ME!

Sure - they are in the line for grading.

A 9.8 is yours for $750

A Chew #1 CGC 9.8 1st print sold for $472.37 last night, seems prices are coming down.

I enjoy Chew

The creators are AWESOME

Do you think it is still as solid of a read? I recently dropped it after pulling it since pretty much its inception. It just wasn't pulling me in anymore.

That might also explain the one drop in sale on number 1. People might be afraid it isn't going to stay consistent and interest will wane.

I enjoy Chew

The creators are AWESOME

Do you think it is still as solid of a read? I recently dropped it after pulling it since pretty much its inception. It just wasn't pulling me in anymore.

That might also explain the one drop in sale on number 1. People might be afraid it isn't going to stay consistent and interest will wane.

It still makes me laugh. I still feel great after reading it. I still spend extra time looking for the details in the art. :)

Got into the series a bit late (bought the first trade and immediately switched to buying single issues) and I spent the last couple of months slowly gathering the missing issues to complete my collection. Chew continues to be one of my favourite books. Here are a few Chew-related items I picked up in the past few days. I can't afford a first print #1 just yet but I'm working on it!