• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

By Sunday I may have enough eBay bucks to finally get that elusive Chew #1.

Would it make more sense to buy a graded 9.6 or take my chances on an un-graded "NM" copy?

It's a tough choice (I think); trying to do the right thing here.

-- dave

I'd buy a raw carefully from a good feedback seller and return if necessary. Chew #1 is so easy in 9.8, there's no reason to settle for a 9.6.

+1

So easy that I got a raw copy from Amazon for $50 about 9 months ago (which was a huge upset) and got it pressed and secured a 9.8 ... Joey Post is your friend on all white covers.

I am pretty new to cgc and the forums so I hope my question is not to noob. I loved chew from day 1 and still do. I never was able to get a 1st print #1 so I thought I would get the next best thing a Larry's Comics Exclusive Limited Edition Sketch Variant. I see Larry as some posted on amazon for 100.00.

Here the question his decription of this listing says "This this is the "holy grail" of Chew collectables. NMproduct is in brand new condition right out of a factory sealed case, and supported with the professional, service and fast shipping of Larry's Wonderful World , New England's fifth largest, 11th nicest pop culture shop. I will work hard to save you money". So they made 1000 of these and have been sold out from his store and all store for a while now. Where did this magical factory sealed case come from and why charge 100 bucks a pop? Is it normal for a company to lose a case or 2 of certain books and Find them later on purpose.

I am pretty new to cgc and the forums so I hope my question is not to noob. I loved chew from day 1 and still do. I never was able to get a 1st print #1 so I thought I would get the next best thing a Larry's Comics Exclusive Limited Edition Sketch Variant. I see Larry as some posted on amazon for 100.00.

Here the question his decription of this listing says "This this is the "holy grail" of Chew collectables. NMproduct is in brand new condition right out of a factory sealed case, and supported with the professional, service and fast shipping of Larry's Wonderful World , New England's fifth largest, 11th nicest pop culture shop. I will work hard to save you money". So they made 1000 of these and have been sold out from his store and all store for a while now. Where did this magical factory sealed case come from and why charge 100 bucks a pop? Is it normal for a company to lose a case or 2 of certain books and Find them later on purpose.

"holy grail" of Chew collectables :lol:

My copy of Chew #1 is miscut, does this hurt the value much?

Wow I can't say that I've ever seen one that bad.

It's still a Chew 1 and its not technically a defect. I would think that if someone had a choice between this one and a perfectly cut/ centered book they would probably choose the latter though.

It's still a Chew 1 and its not technically a defect. I would think that if someone had a choice between this one and a perfectly cut/ centered book they would probably choose the latter though.

I remember following a near mint/raw miscut copy to see how much it would sell for and it ended up being about $100 less than a near mint/raw perfectly cut copy. Here's the completed auction. Unfortunately, I can barely stand a miswrap on a book so I think a miscut one like that in my collection would actually make me go insane.

So easy that I got a raw copy from Amazon for $50 about 9 months ago (which was a huge upset) and got it pressed and secured a 9.8 ... Joey Post is your friend on all white covers.

How much, from shipping to pressing to shipping back, does a Joey Post press run on a modern? And a general timeframe from your experience?

I remember following a near mint/raw miscut copy to see how much it would sell for and it ended up being about $100 less than a near mint/raw perfectly cut copy. Here's the completed auction. Unfortunately, I can barely stand a miswrap on a book so I think a miscut one like that in my collection would actually make me go insane.

Haha! That's actually the auction I won!

So Showtime just started announcing from within all the shows going to production in 2013, guess which title got left behind.....

:makepoint:

Weeds?

Hopefully.