• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

'There are any number annual traditions comic fans hold for Comic-Con International in San Diego, but one that's established itself over the past few years is the latest special edition of Image Comics "Chew" released at the convention by creators John Layman and Rob Guillory.

This year, the pair have cooked up a punny homage to director Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill" with a version of the soon-to-be-released "Chew" #35 labeled "Destroy Savoy." CBR has an exclusive a first look at the variant'

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45558

1368819069.jpg

I love me some Kill Bill, and that cover for SDCC is pretty cool! You're right TBP, it'll make a nice addition to #13.

What's next, an homage to Jackie Brown, Inglorious Basterds or Django perhaps? lol

I love me some Kill Bill, and that cover for SDCC is pretty cool! You're right TBP, it'll make a nice addition to #13.

What's next, an homage to Jackie Brown, Inglorious Basterds or Django perhaps? lol

Reservoir Chogs

Reservoir Chogs

that was one of the #13 covers

Reservoir Chogs

that was one of the #13 covers

Not only did I forget the question mark, but I forgot how to google. Sorry, all. Rough day.

Auctions have been hella low.....moving like pregnant snails with broken knees.

My suggestion: BIN w/BO FTW. Don't sell your souls on Ebay for pennies on the dollar. F the cheapy buyers that want to hit you with 300% below FMV. They can go find another sucker to plunder IMHO.

whos to say what "FMV" is as things are always changing.

TBP: It's a point well taken, but when folks start selling for markedly lower than the prior sales that will surely affect FMV and create a downwards trend. I guess my point earlier should have been: the collective sales determine FMV. So if you're willing to drop your pants and let someone shove their fist into your small intestine for a few sheckles, then the rest of the folks are due for a prostate exam as well. Facepalms notwithstanding. :wink:

Too true - some guy was knocking out Bedlam #1's CGC 9.8 for $20 - must be a boardie as he was also dumping Rachael Rising and East of West for peanuts.

Selling a few for $35-$40 as they are listed but the resy are being sealed in a box and waiting for the 2nd arc.

The guy sells really cheap jewelery mostly with a few comics thrown in - all moderns discussed on here - so got to be a lurker...

Or maybe, Chew is finally in its death throes.

I didn't really think it was anything special, and I know I'm not alone.

First 10 or so were ok, but then fruits and chickens and space and... :blahblah:

Your a lurker, dont come here and bash chew.

And just so you know a comic book cant experience throes.

Edited by ComicCollectorx19