• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Childhood Pics with Comics or Toys!

85 posts in this topic

I have a few old photos of me with some of my old toys and models. I was a big collector back when I was a kid. Still am. Check out the You Tube segment on me and my collection. It shows just a bit of my stuff.

Enjoy!

MC

http://kenscomics.blogspot.com/

I wonder if october will watch that. Nice Ecto 1 model at 4:15. Watched Ghostbusters the other day. 25th anniversary?! :whatthe:

I mentioned last night to gladuchka99 that I got an AT-AT for Xmas as well, and today I found the pic!

Obviously, I was a HUGE fan of 'The Dukes of Hazzard"

swxmas1.jpg

If I don't look surprised or overjoyed, it's because I had opened the present with an X-acto knife along the tape a week before (in the dead of night) to see what it was. By this point, I was more concerned with getting it out of the box so I could finally play with it!

Notice I had immediately donned the DoH shirt.

swxmas2.jpg

Who's a good little Imperial Walker? YOU are! That's right!

swxmas3.jpg

I'd love to find an AT-AT, forgot how cool they look. Thanks for sharing Beau.

I'll have to find some DOH pics too. I know I have a pic with them and some Lone Rangers toys somewhere at my parents.

IMG_0003-1.jpg

This is me and my little sister on my 6th birthday in 1986. She's holding Jetfire and I'm holding Superion. One of my wifes friends was over last night and told me who they were cause I couldn't remember. My wifes friend has the best OO collection of Transformers I have ever seen. I've tried making her offers but she won't budge.

She took a group shot which I'll get from her and post one of these days. :cloud9:

Found the pic of me with the best toy a boy in the 70's could ever want. The Big Wheel!!

Complete with a swell spin-out-handbrake! (thumbs u

Great pic, Jeffro! :golfclap:

* It's certainly no Green Machine. :/

I'm struggling to find any shots of me with my actual toys when I was a kid. Here's one of me (left) and my cousin though, football and sport was all I ever used to do when I was younger.

n1396535960_30066057_3350.jpg

And in my BMX gear...

n1396535960_30066058_3729.jpg

Found the pic of me with the best toy a boy in the 70's could ever want. The Big Wheel!!

jeff_big_wheel.jpg

Awesome Jeffro and I couldn't agree more (thumbs u

I got a new Big Wheel every year from 1971-1974 because I literally rode them to pieces! :cloud9:

IMG_0003-1.jpg

This is me and my little sister on my 6th birthday in 1986. She's holding Jetfire and I'm holding Superion. One of my wifes friends was over last night and told me who they were cause I couldn't remember. My wifes friend has the best OO collection of Transformers I have ever seen. I've tried making her offers but she won't budge.

She took a group shot which I'll get from her and post one of these days. :cloud9:

Jetfire = Awesomeness!

I had one of those and almost all of the 1/55 scale Takatoku valkyrie fighters at one point. Robotech inspired baby! That was an awesome toy, one of the best toys ever made IMO.

More importantly, your wife has a female friend with an OO Transormer collection? WTF! Lucky. Can they hang out with my wife? The whole shoe and purse collection just doesn't do it for me.

IMG_0003-1.jpg

Awesome. 1986 was a good year for Transformers. Here I am that Christmas with my Trypticon!

1986.jpg

IMG_0003-1.jpg

Awesome. 1986 was a good year for Transformers. Here I am that Christmas with my Trypticon!

1986.jpg

Not seeing a lot of joy there, Andy. lol Were you pretty intense as a little guy?

lol I lived in my own little world. I was concentrating on its awesomeness.

Christmas of 1988 was great, as I got my best gift ever....never to be topped. I remember my buddy Mike got to open his presents on Christmas Eve and my friend Donnie and I went over and played his NES and were super jealous. We both got our sets the next day. No disguising the joy here!

1988.jpg

Christmas of 1988 was great, as I got my best gift ever....never to be topped. I remember my buddy Mike got to open his presents on Christmas Eve and my friend Donnie and I went over and played his NES and were super jealous. We both got our sets the next day. No disguising the joy here!

1988.jpg

I remember getting that for x-mas too. All the presents had been opened when my dad suddenly discovered a big box in the other room. Oh what is this? We forgot one

1988.jpg

I remember getting that for x-mas too. All the presents had been opened when my dad suddenly discovered a big box in the other room. Oh what is this? We forgot one

My parents pulled that stunt with my NES too. I smell a conspiracy!