• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay seller "TYBEANSTY" anybody dealt with him before?

229 posts in this topic

Hmm.. really. I dont think it was a shill because if you look at his bid history he has bid on 13 pages(!!!!) worth of stuff ('judeloo' proportion) and WON ALMOST EVERY SINGLE ITEM! He's either a BSD or some 16 year old kid that isn't going to pay for ANY of the auctions he's bidding on. I'm betting he gets NARU'd soon.

PS, can I ask how you know that he didn't pay for the ty auctions confused.gif

I think so too. He just got first non-paying negative. This could get ugly fast. He could get literally hundreds of NPB negatives... soon to be NARU'D I bet

So he wasn't a shill...

Just a jerk!

I don't know, as I've seen obvious shills that are used by smart sellers, exhibit the same characteristics. After all, if it's a shill, why not send him down in a blaze of glory, especially if you want to protect your selling reputation.

I'm not saying it's the case here, but just the presence of the account bidding on other auctions doesn't exonerate the account.

That's true. But if you look at his bid history 50% of his bids are on video games. So chances are the person is under 30, and I'm willing to bet, under 20.

Dan

That's a great example of why EBay needs to institute some control over the BIN process. The "immediate payment" option is a step in the right direction, but what if you want to use MO and check options as well?

Currently, you need a 10 or higher seller rating to list a BIN, but some knob with a 0 can slam all your BINs and then never pay. EBay will not let sellers choose a "minimum feedback" amount to bid on BINs, and will not institute a system-wide requirement on BIN bidders either, since they get the listing fee no matter who bids, and sellers are forced to relist anyway.

Good old fcastle187 has outlined the gaping flaws in the EBay bidding system, and I really hope something is done to curb this, at least with the "easy to defraud" BINs.

Anyone has successfully contacted him and got no problem with the transaction ?

I still not have received my 2 comics mad.gif

And no answer to my numerous email...

I paid for a gpm envelope, the books should have made it safe to France in about 1-2 weeks...7 weeks have passed since my Paypal payment ! 893censored-thumb.gif

I bought a load of Eerie Publications horror magazines from him towards the end of last year and the transaction was OK. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I hope you get some joy. I didn't agree with the grades, but I could tell in advance because the scans did not reflect the stated grade. However, I was happy by what I saw, and that's what I got. Although I left positive feedback, I have not had any reciprocation in that department. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Um, I suppose I'd better E-mail him - what do you think my chances are of getting a reply. There were several mags, so I could do with having my feedback topped up!

FYI he screwed me $30 !!!.

Never got my books i won (although i paid for a global priority mail envelope).

Several mails sent explaining my problem: No answer.

So, i sent him a last warning mail with this subject: "Last message before negative feedbacks"... and miraculously i got an answer:

"Have you not received your comics yet? If not, let me know what I need

to send you still and your address."

So i sent him again the informations (books, date of payment, my address...)

And guess what ? Still no books.

confused.gif