• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Seller Seeking Advice

18 posts in this topic

I collected comics from about '82-'92 and I'm now looking to sell off my collection. I have a lot of junk of course, but I do have some good issues and most of it is in great condition. I know about CGC but don't consider my collection to be worth using the service, since probably the best book I have is a GS X-Men 1 somewhere around VF condition.

Is there any advice you can give me about selling off these comics? The local store will give me about $30 for a longbox if it's not on their current want list, and I'm just not sure I can part with the books for that. smile.gif Perhaps I should weed out the good books and just dump the rest at the bin price, but I'm just not sure.

Any and all advice appreciated. smile.gif

Wil Upchurch

I'll double that price and give $60 for the long box with the GS X-Men#1.

grin.gif

Seriously, I would weed out the books that have higher value and sell them on eBay.

Those with lesser value, sell them in lots of 10 to 20 books each.

It will take a lot of time, but could be worth the trouble.

grin.gif

Seriously, I would weed out the books that have higher value and sell them on eBay.

Too bad, the GS X-Men box just went for $35....j/k. smile.gif

Ok, so you think I should sell runs and such on Ebay. I was looking around there and didn't see too much activity on these kinds of books, but maybe I didn't look long enough. Can't hurt to try, I suppose.

Now another question, do you think I should put up a bunch of lots at once, or try to do them one or two at a time?

It depends on how much you can handle. It' not a problem selling different runs on ebay because you arn't competing with yourself for bids but when it comes time to ship to ten different places all at the same time can you handle it? I do my best to only run one or two auctions at a time unless there is a reason to list more like free listing day. Hope this helps.

Eric

grin.gif

$65! grin.gif

I collected comics from about '82-'92 and I'm now looking to sell off my collection. I have a lot of junk of course, but I do have some good issues and most of it is in great condition. I know about CGC but don't consider my collection to be worth using the service, since probably the best book I have is a GS X-Men 1 somewhere around VF condition.

Is there any advice you can give me about selling off these comics? The local store will give me about $30 for a longbox if it's not on their current want list, and I'm just not sure I can part with the books for that. smile.gif Perhaps I should weed out the good books and just dump the rest at the bin price, but I'm just not sure.

Any and all advice appreciated. smile.gif

Wil Upchurch

You still have that origianl art collection?

It was a killer way back when.........

Hey Wil, Will here. Roughly how many books are involved here? I was in a situation like yours about four months ago. I had 12,000 books that I was trying to sell off, and started out using Ebay. I had no seller feedback at the time, so what I did at the beginning was sell issues individually, that would fetch about $9-10 apiece. This enabled me to build up positive feedback fairly quickly, and once I felt I had established a solid reputation as a seller, I started selling higher dollar books and lots. I think doing it that way enabled me to garner better returns than if I had started selling lots right off the bat.

The other thing you may want to look into is trading some of your books. I use mycomicshop.com and I like it a lot. I traded almost 600 books to them in December alone. They are fair and their site is very user-friendly. They take a lot of books that you'd be hard-pressed to sell on Ebay. You can also sell your books to them, but obviously you won't get as much. I usually trade for CGC books, which seem to be the easiest books to move on Ebay.

Hope this helps!

The other thing you may want to look into is trading some of your books. I use mycomicshop.com and I like it a lot. I traded almost 600 books to them in December alone. They are fair and their site is very user-friendly. They take a lot of books that you'd be hard-pressed to sell on Ebay. You can also sell your books to them, but obviously you won't get as much. I usually trade for CGC books, which seem to be the easiest books to move on Ebay.

Hope this helps!

I have a good Ebay rating, so that's not a problem. As for mycomicshop.com, I'm local to them (Lone Star Comics) and they are the shop that I referenced at the beginning of the email. Good advice, though, thanks! smile.gif

Wil

As for mycomicshop.com, I'm local to them (Lone Star Comics) and they are the shop that I referenced at the beginning of the email. Good advice, though, thanks! smile.gif

Wil

I've noticed that Lone Star doesn't pay very well if you sell to them in store. Out of curiosity, which store do you go to?

You still have that origianl art collection?

It was a killer way back when.........

???

Years ago I collected Romita Spider-man art. I used to sell art to a guy in Ohio, Mike Burkey and he said he did some deals with you? Are you hte same Wil Upchurch, or maybe not????

WillFury, thanks for the "mycomicshop" link, I will look into that, too. I'm getting back into collecting, and I bought several "mixed lots" to get back into it without spending a fortune. Unfortuately, now I have a lot of odds & ends that I don't collect. I'll look into that site! Thanks!