• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Central Connecticut Comic Book Convention June 28

35 posts in this topic

Hello folks. There will be a great mid-sized Con on June 28 at Golden Gavel Auction House, 149 North Road (Route 140) in Connecticut. The last con in March was a huge success, and I strongly recommend anyone who can attend the June con do so. There will be approximately 60 tables filled with comics from the Golden to Modern ages, and all kinds of cool stuff in between. For more information or to reserve a table please contact Scott Pellin at 860-805-7820 e-mail: shel10130@hotmail.com, or Greg Kalagian at 860-646-8310 e-mail: GKal@msn.com.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Brian

I think it was in South Windsor last time. We need confirmation though.

Sucks for me, I'll be on the Cape. Oh wait, that doesn't suck. :banana:

Close. It's in East Windsor, not South Windsor.

Brian, my spatial ordering ability is crappola. About how large is this in comparison to Cliff's show?

My spatial ability isn't that good either, but I would say it is easily 3 times the size of Cliff's con. It's a really big room, that Golden Gavel uses for their auctions. Buried Under Comics (Brian) and The Eye Opener (Art) have both come up with really sweet Bronze Age collections recently, so hopefully the trend continues and more stuff like that pops up at this con. Peter (Learnedhand) and I have kicked around getting a table, but with six kids between us we don't have much time these days...

Brian

Hello folks. There will be a great mid-sized Con on June 28 at Golden Gavel Auction House, 149 North Road (Route 140) in Connecticut. The last con in March was a huge success, and I strongly recommend anyone who can attend the June con do so. There will be approximately 60 tables filled with comics from the Golden to Modern ages, and all kinds of cool stuff in between. For more information or to reserve a table please contact Scott Pellin at 860-805-7820 e-mail: shel10130@hotmail.com, or Greg Kalagian at 860-646-8310 e-mail: GKal@msn.com.

Brian

How far is this from New Haven?

Brian

Jeffro is right. It's about an hour. I have made it in 45 minutes and it's a straight shot up Interstate 91. The con is approximately 1 1/2 miles off the highway. Easy drive.

Brian

You're not thinking of going are? :baiting:

Brian

You're not thinking of going are? :baiting:

Mrs. Donut's mother lives in New Haven, so maybe.

I met one of the guys who runs it at the Westford show last week. I'd probably make the drive but the missus has a baby shower for our sister-in-law that day, so I'm on Dad Duty. I don't think Lil' Pontoon would handle that many hours in the car followed by a stroller very well.

I met one of the guys who runs it at the Westford show last week. I'd probably make the drive but the missus has a baby shower for our sister-in-law that day, so I'm on Dad Duty. I don't think Lil' Pontoon would handle that many hours in the car followed by a stroller very well.

Probably just as well, you would have waffled on some decent Atlas books and been bummed when someone walked by with them a few minutes later. :baiting:

I really hope I can make it to this one. It seems like every blasted comic show I make plans to attend ends up going belly up on me. :eek:

Granted, I don't have a ton of money after my latest pickup, but still, it'd be fun even just to go look at funny books and talk shop with fellow collectors.

Probably just as well, you would have waffled on some decent Atlas books and been bummed when someone walked by with them a few minutes later. :baiting:

Are you setting up?

Are you setting up?

I talked to Scott about it this weekend, he was going to check if there were tables available. I need to follow up with him today!