• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free gift to the first one who PMs me

34 posts in this topic

Thank you Joanna acclaim.gif

I have always depended on the kindnes of strangers cloud9.gif

Joanna isnt a stranger.....shes a hot comic collecting babe. cool.gif

Maybe she'll go out with me, I live only5 miles away from her! cloud9.gif

Timely

Thank you Joanna acclaim.gif

I have always depended on the kindnes of strangers cloud9.gif

Joanna isnt a stranger.....shes a hot comic collecting babe. cool.gif

Maybe she'll go out with me, I live only5 miles away from her! cloud9.gif

Timely

Where do you live, Timely?

Benjamin Franklin's 8 Reasons to Marry an Older Woman

Advice to a Young Man (Philadelphia, June 25, 1745).

1. Because they have more Knowledge of the world, and their Minds are better stored with Observations; their Conversation is more improving, and more lastingly agreeable.

2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a thousand Services, small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman.

3. Because there is no hazard of children, which irregularly produced may be attended with much inconvenience.

4. Because through more Experience they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your reputation; and with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclined to excuse an old Woman, who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his manners by her good Councils, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes.

5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the Highest part, The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower parts continuing to last as plump as ever; so that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old one from a young one. And as in the Dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of Corporal Enjoyment with on old Woman is at least equal and frequently superior; every Knack being by Practice capable of improvement.

6. Because the sin is less. The Debauching of a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her Life unhappy.

7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend making an old Woman happy.

8th & lastly. They are so grateful!!!

(note that Mrs. Donut is older than I am... grin.gif)

San Fernando Valley.

Timely

Well, that narrows it down! (not that I expected an address, mind you).

But alas, chances are I'm too old for you.

-- Joanna

I'm in the Northridge area, chances are I'm too stupid for you. insane.gif

Timely

Timely

I used to work near Northridge -- lots of good places to eat lunch there. Were you there during the quake?

I haven't noticed any stupidity on your part. Either I need to improve my powers of observation, or yer funnin' me, youngin'! (After Donut's post, I've decided to act even older as it suddenly makes me all the more attractive, apparently).

-- Joanna

Timely

I used to work near Northridge -- lots of good places to eat lunch there. Were you there during the quake?

I haven't noticed any stupidity on your part. Either I need to improve my powers of observation, or yer funnin' me, youngin'! (After Donut's post, I've decided to act even older as it suddenly makes me all the more attractive, apparently).

-- Joanna

blush.gif

Timely

-- Joanna

I was here for the eathquake. Thank god it was dark and I could not see what the hell was going on. Needless to say every piece of furnature in the house was upside down, tossed aside or broken within that 45 second "shift". 6.9 my [!@#%^&^]!

How did you fair?

Timely

I was here for the eathquake. Thank god it was dark and I could not see what the hell was going on. Needless to say every piece of furnature in the house was upside down, tossed aside or broken within that 45 second "shift". 6.9 my [!@#%^&^]!

How did you fair?

Timely

My general answer is: everything fell. I was asleep when it happened and, still being out of it when the first rumbling stopped, grabbed my lamp off the floor. Like there would have been electricity! Then part two hits and I rode it through holding my lamp. When that stopped, I finally figured out that there would be no electricity and found my flashlight. Pure devestation. I made it to the living room, crawled across the tops of furniture and got to the couch by the next aftershock. I ended up spending most of the first day under my dining room table. I just made a little bed down there on the floor, grabbed my earthquake survival kit and dug in through all the aftershocks.

Luckily, when I was able to take stock of everything, I had fared really well. Nothing important was wrecked. My TV flew across the room and missed my glass coffee table by less than an inch because the cable stopped its progress. And the TV, though face down on the ground, still worked. In fact, I'm still using it. The computer and the artwork on my walls were the only things that didn't fall -- more lucky breaks.

Scariest thing in the world, though.

-- Joanna

That's funny, my TV was on my dresser and fell face down on my mountain bike. It did not work at first but I banged the top of it a few times and it worked. I still have it and it works good. Gotta love Mitsubishi!

I spent the morning outside and in the family Toyota 4 runner. We slept in the truck for 2 nights and then in the living room together for about 2 weeks.

What was unusual was what happened a 1/2 hour later. It was completely dark and we were on the porch. I looked down for a second and when I looked back up it was daylight! I thought my mind was playing tricks on me... and so did everyone else. But the "daylight" was not the sun, it was Balboa Bvld exploding because the gas main ruptured. The pipe was about 6 feet in diameter and it left a hole at least 100 feet deep. It turned into a war zone. The explosion caused the water line to break and Balboa was flooding. There was also a possibility of the bridge over the 118 freeway might collapse from the earthquake combined with the water erroding away the dirt. In all it was one terrifying event.

Timely