• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No paypal fees when sending money! With a catch, of course.

75 posts in this topic

I wouldnt call buyer protection useless I have used it 2 times when a seller never sent books and would not respond. I would not send money without buyer protection.

It works fine on ebay - where Paypal guarantees that you get your money back, even if the seller doesn't have any money in their PP account.

For non-ebay transactions, it's - as can be seen in the latest CAP Freak spectacle where, even though I won the paypal dispute, PP simply said:

"We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account."

This is interesting, whats the difference in E-Bay or non-E-Bay. Its still Paypal. No. Please explain. Thanks.

DRX

It's all outlined in Paypal's buyer protection policy - in summary:

PayPal Buyer Protection (for eligible items purchased on eBay)

If you see the PayPal Buyer Protection message "Pay with PayPal and full purchase price is covered", and if PayPal finds in your favor on your Claim, PayPal will reimburse you for the full purchase price of the item and original shipping costs – with no cap on coverage.

PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy (for all other items purchased on or off eBay)

Even though you may escalate an Item Not Received Dispute to a Claim, you are not guaranteed recovery. If the Claim is decided in your favor, your recovery is limited to the amounts that PayPal can recover from the seller’s Account.

---

The difference is basically what I outline above - if an ebay item (with the buyer protection message in the listing) is paid for with paypal and the seller never ships it, Paypal guarantees you a full refund on both the item & the shipping cost. If PP can't recover those funds from the seller, they will reimburse you themselves.

If a non-ebay item is paid for with paypal, and the seller never ships it, Paypal will try to recover the funds from the seller - but they don't guarantee you'll get a refund. And if the seller doesn't have any funds in their PP account, you're mess out of luck.

Thanks. (thumbs u

DRX

All my purchases I use mt credit card as the payment.

If I have a balance in my PP account I just transfer all of it to my checking or savings account so I can use my CC 100%.

God how I want Pay Pal to have a competitor thats makes this garbage company go under.

Yes, using a credit card for protection is the best way to go. However, as Michael said, his "Send Money_Personal_Payment Owed" method requires funds in the Paypal or bank account.

I am happy to report a fairly new Boardie Flemmings was paying attention and has successfully used this on our latest transaction...and voila, no fees either side. VERY COOL! Thanks James (Flemmings)! and thanks again as well to Michael (mschmidt)!

:headbang:

I use 'Personal Payment' 'money Owed' or whatever it is everytime now. I pick up the fee (I think it's about 1%) so the sellers who are good enough to allow me to make time payments don't get hit with the charges (thumbs u

i've been using the personal pay option now and seems to be working fine, no fees on either end...so i'm not sure if people are still adding 3% to their sale prices because they don't know about this or what.

j

It works! I have confirmation that the transaction went through without any fees. I also got an official paypal email with the info:

The new way to send money

Did you know you can use your PayPal balance or bank account to send money to friends and family within the US for FREE? Seriously, neither you or the recipient will pay any fees.

I pick up a fee when I use it, but thinking about it it's probably the 'currency conversion'.

i'm sure it is but you still make out in the end though.

and you can use it for cc purchases as well (atleast it worked for me)

j

I tried it off a VCC purchase and just waiting for confirmation from the seller it worked.

Worked for me!

I pick up a fee when I use it, but thinking about it it's probably the 'currency conversion'.

i'm sure it is but you still make out in the end though.

and you can use it for cc purchases as well (atleast it worked for me)

j

With cc purchases, it defaults to you paying for the fees for the buyer.

Pay attention to the confirmation page because it automatically clicks a box which says that you will pick up the fee. You can choose to unclick it and the recipient will incur some fees.

I noticed that when I tried it when last week. As I intended to cover the fees anyways, as the recipient purchased some items on my behalf, I left it without unclicking it.

xoxo

greggy