• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Help a soldier out.

4 posts in this topic

My wife has a 23 yr old cousin who was recently shipped to Iraq. The girl is a newlywed barely married 3 months and will be gone for quite some time from her husband. So my wife has decided to start sending 2 care packages a month. One specifically for her and one for anyone that Keri can find who doesn't receive anything. Sad to say there are apparently a lot of soldiers who never receive one piece of mail from anyone.

Im also ashamed to think I never really considered it before but now I have an itch to help out with what I can. I have a lot of reader comics so I threw a big stack in with the care packages and will send another stack next go around with instructions to Keri to hand them out to whoemever might want to read them.

If anyone else would like to get involved in helping out a soldier in need there is a website that can get you on track.

http://www.anysoldier.com/

I can personally speak to the positive effect mail can have on you when you're deployed--even if it is a care package from someone you don't know at all. A very admirable cause and worth getting involved with. I also know that if you donate $25 to the USO, they will send $75 worth of items to soldiers through care packages.

Please give your family my regards and thanks.

I have some money saved up for this but personally I would rather do it for someone I knows loved one that as a general "fire and forget" package. So if you get the name of someone and some specific wants, please let me know. I have been wanting to do this for a while.

thanks