• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PSA/DNA ? Signature authentication

14 posts in this topic

Was reading a bunch of old threads and came across the one about signatures that were obtained pre CGC SS. I was told by someone about these guys - PSA/DNA that verifies signatures and other memorabilia. Has anyone ever used them? Do they do old pre CGC SS signatures and stuff to authenticate them. Just thinking this might be an avenue to get pre CGC SS verified. Any thoughts?

interesting idea. I would think they would need to hire a bunch of signature experts to research and authenticate the sigs and even then they could be wrong. .

PSA/DNA already provides that service. It's what they do, autograph authentication, from any era. They specialize in sports memorabilia and related autographs, but they authenticate other autographs as well. They have autograph experts that give their opinion of the authenticity and issue a COA if the signature is deemed authentic.

Here is an example of their fee schedule for "cartoon" autographs: FEES

CGC will never have another independant company verify the signatures. too risky in this already flawed market.

That is correct.

If you get an autograph authenticated by PSA/DNA you will get a COA from them and that's it. Totally separate from CGC and unrelated to CGC Signature Series. CGC will not recognize them or any other COA.

Was reading about how they authenticate and how they tag stuff. They place a sticker on the item, you can have them not sticker it , but the place a DNA marker on the items as well. hm something just sounds wrong with that.

I had a Stan Lee autograph and a Jack Kirby Signature authenticated by JSA. Jummy Spence Authentication. He is the best in the business and is known as a leader in the sports memorabilia market. I have since sold the two signatures.

The only problem is he has to put his hologram on the piece itself.

Jeff

CGC will never have another independant company verify the signatures. too risky in this already flawed market.

Never said they would. It would be in house, my point was they probably wouldn't want to do it even in house.