• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpiderMan 52

20 posts in this topic

10-4........ one of these days I'm gonna get me a website... you are clicking on the little upsize thing a ma jiggy confused.gifat the lower right corner ?

I was really wondering about the top edge, there is some obvious color break where the cover folded over the pages. Does this kill any 9.4 chance it has? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You could probably give me a 300dpi scan, and I'd still miss defects in all that water art. There are two major phases to grading--defect identification and grade assignment. It's so much easier to find paper bends or surface impressions looking at a book at an angle under fluorescent light; that's why it's ALWAYS incumbent upon the poster of these types of threads to post a list of defects if they really want accurate grading help. My grandma can find defects, given enough concentration...assigning a grade them is the tricky and somewhat fuzzy part given the current set of standards. To be effective, these "guess the grade" threads should always be about grade assignment, not about defect identification.

Any spine stresses or edge wear? That thumb mark up top drops it to the 8.5 range.

Why would you want that, it's a lowly 9.0 tongue.gif

I'm really curious why that book is so hard to find. That, and why 63 is so tough.. however, it's surrounded by the 2 easiest issues to find in high grade.

Brian

Why would you want that, it's a lowly 9.0 tongue.gif

9.0's better than nothin'! Although I did get a 9.0/9.2 copy from VanLiew a few months after Supa bought his...but the price Supa got was really sweet.