• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #14 in 9.6!

45 posts in this topic

There's one little boo-boo with the description. There may be two 9.6s in the Census but the book isn't one of the two. It was slabbed post-11/11/03 so this book is actually one of three.

I'm debating on pulling the trigger - I have a 9.4 I could use to offset/rationalize the purchase. But why do I "need" a 9.6 when I have this book............

ff14.jpg

Actually, it looks like they don't. When I was going through that ASM 46 fiasco. It immediately went to Sale Pending after I put a buy order on it. I didn't get a confirmation that the seller had accepted until the next evening. I never paid attention before as I was using ordering stuff that had been on their website for a while, and wasn't as cheaply priced.

I noticed a seller must've edited the prices on a bunch of his books. As I saw a whole bunch of stuff that was already listed in the "newly listed" area.

Brian

I was wondering about your Spidey 46 also. I know ComicLink allows multiple buy offers because I've put a buy in and then heard from someone else that they also put one in. Could your Spidey 46 have gone straight to "sale pending" because Josh had the books in hand and therefore the items didn't need the seller's approval of the buy?

Not unless he was on there staring at the screen at 1:30-2:00 A.M.? I didn't get any sort of acceptance confirmation until the next day.

I really have no idea how it works though. I placed orders on 2 other books and neither of those went to sale pendings. Maybe what happened was after I sent an order in, someone else did.. and after that it goes sale pending because there's an offer in reserve in case the first one falls through?

Brian

Not unless he was on there staring at the screen at 1:30-2:00 A.M.? I didn't get any sort of acceptance confirmation until the next day.

I really have no idea how it works though. I placed orders on 2 other books and neither of those went to sale pendings. Maybe what happened was after I sent an order in, someone else did.. and after that it goes sale pending because there's an offer in reserve in case the first one falls through?

It's not once two buy offers go in, because I've had that happen and neither one of us were sure whether either one of us even had it. What I meant about Josh having it in hand is that if somebody lists something but they haven't sent it to Josh, the web site might require that the seller manually approve the sale before it goes to "sale pending." The idea behind that is that when Josh doesn't have the books, the seller could have already sold it to another person, so the seller has to approve it before it goes through.

In the case of your Spidey 46, they were probably either Josh's books, or more likely, the consigner had already sent the books to Josh for selling. I've talked to a few people who just box their books up and send them to Josh, and Josh does all the listing for them. I dunno who initiated the confirmation you got the following day; my guess is Josh, but it could have been the seller, who knows.

You don't send your books into Josh until there's a buy order for them. At least the couple books I've listed, he doesn't have you send them in unless they're raw.

But I guess if he did send it in to be listed then maybe that would work.

Brian

You don't send your books into Josh until there's a buy order for them. At least the couple books I've listed, he doesn't have you send them in unless they're raw.

But I guess if he did send it in to be listed then maybe that would work.

Brian

If you chose, you can send in the books to Josh ahead of time. He brought his complete inventory on hand to the San Diego convention. I doubt that Josh owned any of the DCs!