• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is The Spirit movie really that bad?

79 posts in this topic

Well, I watched it again with my son on the X-Box live a few days ago and he loved it. He thought Samuel Jackson was cool as the Octopus.

After rewatching it and trying to get what they were doing. It was ok.There is lots of action in it, not a slow period piece.They just use a different style.

My son wanted to play a videogame of it. So it did it`s job and introduced a new generation to The Spirit.

sam_jackson_octopus.jpg

Well, I watched it again with my son on the X-Box live a few days ago and he loved it. He thought Samuel Jackson was cool as the Octopus.

After rewatching it and trying to get what they were doing. It was ok.There is lots of action in it, not a slow period piece.They just use a different style.

My son wanted to play a videogame of it. So it did it`s job and introduced a new generation to The Spirit.

It introduced a new generation to Miller's version of the Spirit. If your son decides to read the Eisner version, he'll be disappointed as they're not very similar. For one thing, in the comic Eisner never showed the Octopus' face. It was always creatively hidden or he was wearing a disguise. All you ever saw were the gloves with the three stripes. And the Spirit doesn't go somersaulting all over the place meh

Up until The Spirit I hadn't found a comic based movie that I didn't like...i turned it off about 20 minutes in...

same here... Didn't even like it enough to find out what the plot was... just painfully bad.

It introduced a new generation to Miller's version of the Spirit. If your son decides to read the Eisner version, he'll be disappointed as they're not very similar. For one thing, in the comic Eisner never showed the Octopus' face. It was always creatively hidden or he was wearing a disguise. All you ever saw were the gloves with the three stripes. And the Spirit doesn't go somersaulting all over the place meh

I guess then a whole new generation will go with the Frank Miller version, it was shockingly the most downloaded movie for a three week period on X-box Live.

What that means? Who knows?

it was shockingly the most downloaded movie for a three week period on X-box Live.

Really? Wow, I really do wonder why that would be. (shrug)

I guess then a whole new generation will go with the Frank Miller version, it was shockingly the most downloaded movie for a three week period on X-box Live.

It means kids have bad taste in movies, thats what it means.

it's horrible, and I'm a Spirit fan
This is all I need. I may never bother to see it then. I certainly won't take the laborious step of putting it in my Netflix queue. And I like the Spirit also.