• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solid evidence of Chuck's ineptitude and duplicity.

100 posts in this topic

I was told that you would take it back this time but do not bother ordering again if I was going to be “one of those picky collectors.” Didn't Mile High tell you not to bother ordering from them again after your problems with the coke ring ASM?Am I missing something here?Jim
Uhh, yes that was the time with the ASM.
So why be surprised now?Jim
WTF?,You were told they didn't want to do business with you and You decide to give them a second chance?Knowing you were banned,you just up and order anyway, and then are shocked when you don't get your book. Why didn't you send an email ahead of time to try to mend the fences?You just assume it will be okay because you have seen fit to give them a second chance.

[

So if they told you not to order then, why the big surprise now?! foreheadslap.gif

Figure it out, I ordered a CGC comic- perhaps you heard of the independent grading company that eliminates some of the guess work of determining grades between unscrupulous sellers and "picky collectors." Besides they did not tell me not to order, go re-read the post ( or not.)

I was told that you would take it back this time but do not bother ordering again if I was going to be “one of those picky collectors.” Didn't Mile High tell you not to bother ordering from them again after your problems with the coke ring ASM?Am I missing something here?Jim
WTF?,You were told they didn't want to do business with you and You decide to give them a second chance?Knowing you were banned,you just up and order anyway, and then are shocked when you don't get your book. Why didn't you send an email ahead of time to try to mend the fences?You just assume it will be okay because you have seen fit to give them a second chance.

Shadroch, you really should get your facts straight -re-read my original post if you are still interested. I ordered a CGC comic - there is nothing to be picky about there nor was I in the beginning. What type of business man were you? Probably not to good if you think it is your customer's job to try to mend fences with your comapny because you had bad customer service and treated the customer poorly. Real logical. Unbelieveable. foreheadslap.gif

Shadroch, you really should get your facts straight -re-read my original post if you are still interested. I ordered a CGC comic - there is nothing to be picky about there nor was I in the beginning. What type of business man were you? Probably not to good if you think it is your customer's job to try to mend fences with your comapny because you had bad customer service and treated the customer poorly. Real logical. Unbelieveable. foreheadslap.gif

You were obviously flagged when the ASM was returned. They said do not order again at that time. You did. They said no. You then e-mail a response (and start a thread) sounding incredulous that you cannot order from them. What? You didn't think they were serious?

I'm all for slamming Chuck when warranted. He leaves himself wide open to criticism and deserves it on occasion. I'm not so sure it's the case here and looks more like there's an agenda involved than a case of Chuck screwing a customer.

Jim

That would've been true Jim. But unfortunately Chuck wasn't staying in line with his original statement. If you read the reply to Tomega's email, Chuck specifically says he won't let Tomega buy due to comments made on an online message forum. Not because he returned one of Chucks grossly overgraded books. Had he said "Tomega, you can't order because you don't like getting overgraded comics" then that would've been fine. But he wasn't uniform with his reasoning for not allowing a purchase.

Brian

That would've been true Jim. But unfortunately Chuck wasn't staying in line with his original statement. If you read the reply to Tomega's email, Chuck specifically says he won't let Tomega buy due to comments made on an online message forum. Not because he returned one of Chucks grossly overgraded books. Had he said "Tomega, you can't order because you don't like getting overgraded comics" then that would've been fine. But he wasn't uniform with his reasoning for not allowing a purchase.

Maybe not.....but he was told initially not to order again. Doesn't matter the reason afterwards.....

Jim

Yes it does, because he's using a new reason for him not being allowed to order. It would appear by Chuck's response that they're not allowing Tomega to order simply because he slammed MHC on the online msg forums. It leaves the door open to question whether or not he would've been able to order had he not slammed MHC on the online forum.

Brian

sign-rantpost.gif Chuck was a coward by simply emailing Tomega stating that the order wasn't accepted. No explanation was given. Then when Chuck emailed him, he stated the reason for the cancellation was because he didn't like Tomega's post on the CGC boards. If Chuck feels so slighted by Tomega, maybe he should respond to his criticisms instead of ignoring them.

Yes it does, because he's using a new reason for him not being allowed to order. It would appear by Chuck's response that they're not allowing Tomega to order simply because he slammed MHC on the online msg forums. It leaves the door open to question whether or not he would've been able to order had he not slammed MHC on the online forum.

Brian

Wouldn't they have to know his real name then? I wouldn't have known Tomega's real name from his handle on this board.

Most likely, he was flagged in their database when he returned a book.

Figure it out, I ordered a CGC comic- perhaps you heard of the independent grading company that eliminates some of the guess work of determining grades between unscrupulous sellers and "picky collectors." Besides they did not tell me not to order, go re-read the post ( or not.)

Hmmm, seems a nerve as been touched. What's the matter, too close to the truth? Did MHC tell you not to order again after you returned the Spider-man? If so, then this whole thread is a huge waste of time. 893frustrated.gif

You can view his full name and email address on his profile

Brian

Hmm. True. I stand corrected. (Most profiles I read don't seem to have the real name listed.)

Of course, that'd take a special amount of indignation to read about the post on a messageboard, go through your store's database, and then flag that individual.

Based on how advanced his database system would have to be in order to keep track of all those books and orders. I have no doubt it would be quite simple to search by last name to find Tomega. He's got everything he needs. Full name and email address.

Brian

Murph....he posted the following.....

I was told that you would take it back this time but do not bother ordering again if I was going to be “one of those picky collectors.”

He was told not to order again and he did anyway. They said no. Doesn't matter if Chuck's excuse was the planets weren't aligned right. Fact is....he isn't allowed to order.

Jim

We'll have to just disagree here. He certainly didn't illustrate well enough to me that Tomega wouldn't have been able to order, had he not said anything on the board. My thoughts are his original comment was just an empty threat.

Brian

He has no real way to confirm who you are. Unlike Tomega who has his full name and email address in his profile, you don't have either. That's what made the diff here. He was able to pinpoint a person who was speaking negatively of his company, and had the resources to find/ban him. There's only about 3-4 people who actually have their name and email address posted anywhere on here.

Brian

He was told not to order again and he did anyway. They said no. Doesn't matter if Chuck's excuse was the planets weren't aligned right. Fact is....he isn't allowed to order.

If you're going to get picky on this, then re-read their statement...he wasn't told he couldn't order again, he was told he couldn't order again IF he was going to be a picky collector. That's more like a puerile warning than a shut-out.

The more we go over this issue, the more appalled I become by the idea that Mile High might be red-flagging anyone who has much of an understanding of the Overstreet grading standards. It's as if it's actual policy that the difficulty in training a staff on how to tightly grade comics is the customer's problem and not Mile High's...that's just arse-backwards.

He has no real way to confirm who you are. Unlike Tomega who has his full name and email address in his profile, you don't have either. That's what made the diff here. He was able to pinpoint a person who was speaking negatively of his company, and had the resources to find/ban him. There's only about 3-4 people who actually have their name and email address posted anywhere on here.

Brian

Well, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out some of the names here. My board ID is virtually the same as my email (drice6900@yahoo.com), I frequently rip on Chuck on this board when he deserves it (most of the time), and I recently ordered a couple of issues from him with no hassles at all.

I think there is more to this then we are hearing (ya think?), and Chucky doesn't help things by refusing to post a reply. Again, that is his perogitive, just like it is his perogitive to not sell to people that publicly call him out. Get over it, people.