• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Astonishing #4 - Graded how would you grade it? Grade Revealed!

26 posts in this topic

I picked this up off of Ebay - It is CGC graded and a blue label. I am curious what you think the grade should be. It looks exceptional except for the scuffing around the logo and the pencil mark on the back. Yes the scuffing is on the book not the case. It was in the Ebay pic but I didn't pay enough attention as it was already slabbed. So what would give this? (shrug)

astonishing4cgc65ow-1.jpg

astonishing4cgc65owback.jpg

The rest of the book looks gorgeous (excellent cover!), but I will admit that scuffing is distracting. I'd probably go 6.5 - maybe 7.0 in hand. The pencil mark seems largely inconsequential.

Agree... 6.5 (thumbs u Hard to say but it looks more like a heavy scuff/minor puncture than a scratch. (My first thought was even a bit lower, but it does look beautiful apart from that!)

Well I admit - everyone that has posted is much more kind that I am on this book but I really dislike cover tears (just too distracting for me) - even though the book is wonderful in almost every other regard.

I'll post the grade later tonight or tomorrow. A hint:

There are 6 in the census - 5 blue labels and 1 GLOD. I own the GLOD and now this one.

The 5 blues are the following grades:

6.5 x 2

4.5 x 2

I'm guessing this is one of the 6.5 copies.

Are they cover tears, or scratches? it would make a difference. What was your opinion? - I can see how one might be disappointed if they hadn't noticed the flaw before - I generally go with eye-appeal over technical grade.

looks like a 6.5 to me.

anyone who puts tape on the bags of their HG or expensive books needs a good punch in the balls. there are so many better alternatives

I'm guessing this is one of the 6.5 copies.

Are they cover tears, or scratches? it would make a difference. What was your opinion? - I can see how one might be disappointed if they hadn't noticed the flaw before - I generally go with eye-appeal over technical grade.

Since I am freak for clean covers, it really bothered me. I thought 6.0 at best. It does appear to go through the cover in a one area and it just seems like such a big area but again it's my OCD kicking in.

The book was graded as 6.5. I though the responses were interesting - not as much consistency as I have seen in other PGM threads and actually higher than I would have given it. Like I said I am OCD for clean covers so this really distracts me regardless of the decent enough grade and PQ.

It is one cool cover for sure though - the best of the Marvel run IMO which includes Marvel #1 and #2 and the three cover appearances in Astonishing.

Thanks for your thoughts :hi:

astonishing4cgc65ow.jpg

The book was graded as 6.5. I though the responses were interesting - not as much consistency as I have seen in other PGM threads and actually higher than I would have given it. Like I said I am OCD for clean covers so this really distracts me regardless of the decent enough grade and PQ.

It is one cool cover for sure though - the best of the Marvel run IMO which includes Marvel #1 and #2 and the three cover appearances in Astonishing.

Thanks for your thoughts :hi:

And thats why I don't collect GA. I would get screwed....lol

At least 7.0....and I'm betting it didn't go for any less than double guide....One of the top 5 Atlas Everett's in my opinion. Congrats....you're very lucky to have it.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u