• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Greggy9000 Summer of Love Road Tour Thread!

95 posts in this topic

Was this right before or after the dog used it like a fire hydrant?

Nothing commands a room like a G9K. Pictured here in the lobby

of the Westin Hotel minutes before the attempted abduction.

G9KWestin1.jpg

You guys have officially taken the "man-crush" to a new level..

I don't know what I can say that would not garner me a strike..

Sweet, then do us all a favor & say those things 4 or 5 times.

We'll keep the thread bumped to the top of page 1 long enough for the Mods to take notice.

:insane:

My Heroes Con report:

I only took a couple of pictures, but we should have some more pics taken by other people coming up in the next couple of days. Charlotte is a great city, and I'm happy to have made this my fourth year in a row attending Heroes.

Overall, it was a good show. In terms of "buying", it was only an average show for me. But the rest of the CFP attendance seemed to do far better.

It was a really fun show. Driving up on Thursday afternoon was fun. Tupenny almost killed the CFP leaving McMiles' residence--that was cool. We watched Spider-Man and Family Guy most of the way up. After Joeypost got a beer in him, in the back seat, he made up a new character which was a mix of Forrest Gump and Spider-Man. It was hilarious. We got to Charlotte on Thursday night, which was when McMiles the Enforcer, chased down that SCAD loser who tried to kidnap our Greggy9000. McMiles' last words to the perp was "Get outta here!".

Got to the show early on Friday. Thanks to lhcomics and BigMike for hooking me, lookwhoitis and another guy up with dealers passes. I only did a little bit of buying. Most of the fun was after the show when lookwhoitis and I went exploring downtown Charlotte at the "Buckhead Saloon" to be joined later by Tupenny (he was busy at his pinky out Flemmings dinner earlier).

Saturday was the big day. Crowds weren't too big. Attendance wasn't mind blowing on any of the days actually. However, I think people were buying. I didn't do much asking around, but from what I did hear, sales were pretty good. There were some big, five digit sales at the show as well. The art auction was on Saturday night, and I have to say that I was not impressed with the art this year. Almost every piece had the same theme, which was thighs and breasts. As well, alot of these pieces I wouldn't pay $50 for, were going for $1,000. The big sale of the auction that I saw was the Frank Cho piece which went for $5,000. The auction went sooooo slow that we didn't even stay the entire time. Tupenny had a crush on Scarlet Witch, and would be seen in a dazed state whenever she walked by. He was caught in the act of snapping a photo, which can be seen below. I wanted to see how much the Goon page went for, but decided it wasn't worth the wait. Hung out in downtown till about 230am, and headed back to the hotel to get ready for Sunday.

We left early on Sunday. My most enjoyable buys of the show were four of Paul's new Toon Tumblers: Spider-Man, Iron Fist, Spider-Woman and Silver Surfer. They look great. The only other item of note on Sunday was when we were going to McMiles' house after dropping Joeypost off, a large black bear ran across the street right in front of our van. Tupenny's reaction was just as entertaining: "Holy shi*, a bear! Holy shi*, you guys see this fu**in' shi* ?!? Holy shi*!"

HeroesCon2009.jpg

HeroesCon20092.jpg

Edited by KingOfRulers

You guys have officially taken the "man-crush" to a new level..

I don't know what I can say that would not garner me a strike..

Sweet, then do us all a favor & say those things 4 or 5 times.

We'll keep the thread bumped to the top of page 1 long enough for the Mods to take notice.

:insane:

Have something you need to get off your chest Bill.. :blahblah:

I saw it... next to Dale Robert's comics...pretty funny!!!

It was surreal.....people kept coming up and asking for high grade romance comics.....

Like Mossow said, "The positives outweigh the negatives"

If you could have gotten it on the plane, you'd have taken it home. :baiting:

But now the G9K is gazing benevolently at my meager stash in the basement of my home :acclaim:

:o

^^