• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Tec 474 - 1st Deadshot (modern)

9 posts in this topic

Hi there!

Still relatively new to the boards, and this is my first post in the PGM forum. Hopefully the scans work properly, if not I am happy to hear any constructive criticism about the best way to post here.

Thanks in advance for your time! I'm really curious to see what you think. I'm still new at this but I was hoping this might be an 8.5 at the minimum? It's very glossy, lovely white back cover. The biggest knock against it is that small thumb dent on top of the front cover.

Anyways, enough babbling from me...

deadshot1.jpg

deadshot2.jpg

Should probably do a neutral, non black\white background for better PGM's...

Thanks, I'll try that! I noticed that after I was home already and uploaded the pics (I don't have access to a scanner at home.) I will try it again next week.

Thanks guys!

Scan it with the lid open and you will get a nice dark black background which will help a lot. Too hard to tell grade with white background so I will not venture.

+1 but it does look really nice

Ok, returned from vacation, and I rescanned the books as you all suggested. Thanks again so much for your input! Hopefully these look better, thanks for taking a look!

1.jpg

2.jpg

My laptop monitor washes out sometimes but I don't see anything keeping it from a 9.6 NM+ (IMHO you cant really tell if a book is higher than a 9.6 from scans). Looks like a beaut. Also is that a small crescent crease near the "No. 474" at the top? If so, that will drop this to VF/NM 9.0 max.

Yeah, that's the little "thumb dent" that I mentioned, which was my biggest fear about the book. I wondered how far it would drop it, so 9.0 is pretty close to the 8.5 I figured. Thanks much, this has been a very interesting lesson for me!