• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An inexpensive way to hang your slabs

35 posts in this topic

Well here are a couple pics of how the Plate Hangers worked out. I love the frames from Frameitagain but in a pinch this worked out nicely.

For the cost of one frame I was able to put up about 8 books. As you can see they are versatile enough to hang jewel cases as well

CIMG3387.jpg

CIMG3388.jpg

Nicely done.

I still like the shadow boxes though as it really makes the CGC cases stand out. But your Valiants really look sharp!

Yea no doubt, I love shadowboxes as well. When I make all those Valiants 9.8 SS I'll switch to the Frame it again Sam ones. I just hated seeing the bare walls and well.. I was too impatient to order the frames.

Cost effective wise it was over 100.00 in frames reduced to about 17.00 usd and I thought to myself... hey thats enough to buy a SS book off you guys lol

Nah.. they are made to hang Porcelain Plates safely... don't live in Earthquake territory.

I think my plastic slab is safe

I have those frames from Bill Cole (I believe) and they come with UV glass/plastic but I'm not sure how well it protects against fading?

Yea no doubt, I love shadowboxes as well. When I make all those Valiants 9.8 SS I'll switch to the Frame it again Sam ones. I just hated seeing the bare walls and well.. I was too impatient to order the frames.

Cost effective wise it was over 100.00 in frames reduced to about 17.00 usd and I thought to myself... hey thats enough to buy a SS book off you guys lol

When you hung them up, did you keep them in bags as Solar 1 and Rai 1 both have these wavy wrinkles across the front.

When you hung them up, did you keep them in bags as Solar 1 and Rai 1 both have these wavy wrinkles across the front.

Nope, just a reflection from the room light and/or the camera flash... that or the camera caught "spirits" floating in my room :eek:

Nope, just a reflection from the room light and/or the camera flash... that or the camera caught "spirits" floating in my room :eek:

:o

Sending an email to Ghost Hunters right now. If some folks start peeking in your windows with cameras, that's them. At least I think it's them.

On a related note...I'd like to display a couple of slabs on a shelf, using an easel, like people use for plates or photos occasionally. this means my slabs will be slightly tilted. Any risk of warping the case, or worse, the books?

Thanks!

Sending an email to Ghost Hunters right now. If some folks start peeking in your windows with cameras, that's them. At least I think it's them.

On the case! Using special technology, I've managed to discern what's haunting your wall.

81682.jpg.a3e19554b6c9868d92458f019b195a41.jpg

On the case! Using special technology, I've managed to discern what's haunting your wall.

ok man... its 4am and I was about to go into my comic room but now.. never mind

I gotta say/write...even though I respect each individual collectors right to display their books however they wish, in a GAZZILION years i'd never do this, no way, no how!

Sorry :(

I agree. I'd be too concerned about them falling but that's just me. Not to mention the possibility of fading. :eek:

:eek:

:signfunny:

I gotta say/write...even though I respect each individual collectors right to display their books however they wish, in a GAZZILION years i'd never do this, no way, no how!

Sorry :(

I agree. I'd be too concerned about them falling but that's just me. Not to mention the possibility of fading. :eek:

To me though, I want to enjoy them. The ones I have on display are low grade so I don't feel guilty about them fading. It's not like I have the White Mountain Pedigree AF 15 hanging on the wall preventing future generations from seeing it.

Plus, what I buy I plan to keep forever. I don't plan on selling them in the future, so they weren't purchased as inventments.