• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SGT. Fury #13 Need some opinions on this one!!!!!!

32 posts in this topic

I just got this today. I am real happy with it. I want to CGC it, but I paid so much for it, that unless it hits a certain grade or higher, it's not cost effective. What do you think the grade is? Pages are Off-white. There are 2 spine creases in the yellow that Don't break color.

Q: Did you buy it from a reputable source? hm

That was my question too David. I hope so.

I just got this today. I am real happy with it. I want to CGC it, but I paid so much for it, that unless it hits a certain grade or higher, it's not cost effective. What do you think the grade is? Pages are Off-white. There are 2 spine creases in the yellow that Don't break color.

Extremely reputable. robo something. I can't remember now.

Just kidding. Yes it was a reliable seller that I have been buying from for over 10 yrs. He has had the book in his posession for 27 yrs....

Just kidding. Yes it was a reliable seller that I have been buying from for over 10 yrs. He has had the book in his posession for 27 yrs....

Good to hear. I was thinking that top edge looked...I dunno, unnatural to me, but it's likely because of preservation and the fact that this book doesn't show up in HG all that often!

:wishluck: on your submission

Good to hear. I was thinking that top edge looked...I dunno, unnatural to me, but it's likely because of preservation and the fact that this book doesn't show up in HG all that often!

:wishluck: on your submission

Yes - it is not often we see one that is so sharp and so perfectly cut . . . er, front to back, I mean :grin:

Can't wait to see what this puppy gets! :)

Nothing better than that! :applause: (except, of course, possession for 46 years :whistle: )

That book looks like it will come back a 9.4 to 9.6 leaning more towards the 9.6 but i'm on my work laptop and not on my home computer with a 24 inch monitor.What did you buy it as? I

I honestly don't remember. I have a terrible memory. I have had it for about 3-4 yrs or so

I honestly don't remember. I have a terrible memory. I have had it for about 3-4 yrs or so

Ok I'm confused if you don't want to share that's fine (shrug)

What I mean by just got it, is, I am going through several boxes I have had for many many years. I am just now going through them slowly to see what I have. So it is kind of new to me. Feels like I just bought it. Better phrasing would have been "I just found this today".

As far as not wanting to share, I started a thread on here that listed my favorite comic sellers that I consistantly buy from. No one else wanted to contribute to it, so it died.

Well, I think I'm going to submit it. An 8.5 was not going to get it done, but the concensus seems to be about a 9.2 with a possible shot at a 9.4. A 9.0 would put it right at about even $, unless the demand goes up all of a sudden.

If a 9.0 will put you at break even money, slab that puppy. It's at the very least a 9.0 judging from some of the 9.0's I've seen. I'm with the consensus of 9.2 on this.

agree with both the grade and the advice...Beautiful copy of a great book... :cloud9: