• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zap Comix #1 - First Print 11/67 (Plymell Edition) - CGC 7.5 - Price Drop

10 posts in this topic

Zap Comix #1 - First Print (Plymell Edition) - CGC 7.5 with OFF-WHITE Pages.

Everyone knows the historical importance of this book and Robert Crumb's art work. This copy has very nice Off-White pages. The small stain on the front cover probably knocked down the grade and is more pronounced in the scan than in person.

This copy is what I consider a more rare "trimmed" version. It's been said that one half of the Plymell printings were trimmed and the rest were not probably because they were rushed to get them out. I've only seen one other trimmed version like this one.

A 6.0 lists for $4800 in Fogel's 2006 Underground price guide. A update to the Fogel to this guide is coming out this August and possibly preview copies at San Diego. No doubt prices will rise for this key book.

A CGC 3.0 just sold here for $1900, and a CGC 9.2 just sold for over $13000 in the last signature auction at Heritage.

My Price: $5000 $4900

Payment: Money-Order, Check, or PayPal +3%.

Shipment: Shipping is extra and to be arranged with the buyer.

Thanks for looking (thumbs u

Zap01.jpg

You will get every bit of your asking Price or more at auction.

That is an amazing book with no where to go but up!!

Wish I could afford it right now!!

I would also consider trades (or trade + cash) for issues of the following Fox titles; Fantastic Comics, Mystery Men Comics, Science Comics, Weird Comics, Wonder, and Wonderworld Comics. I would be willing do ½ down and ½ in 30 days. :devil: