• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My F-ing SS Thread

135 posts in this topic

How many SS books do you have? And do you collect a certain genre? It seems you have a smattering of everything signed by various creators.

I have between 3 and 4 hundred SS. My SS collection, for the most part, is separate from my regular slabbed collection. The only exception is that I love getting #1s SS'd. So a bunch of the books in my #1 collection either are, or are going to be, SS'd.

For SS, I have a list of all of the creators that I want to get SS from and I just try to find the best books that I can to get done. Some are easy to get and some I will probably never get (Crumb, Alan Moore, Ditko) but I still have my pile of SS books waiting for them if the opportunity ever arises. :grin:

Usually, I will do 1st appearance books they may have worked on, or #1s, or classic covers. When I started 3 years ago, I did a bunch of books from my personal collection that did not grade out well. I needed the CGC grading crash course. :P

Normally, I buy raw books for SS. But I have been buying and cracking more slabs for specific books that I want done, especially Bronze books that are tougher to find in HG raw.

Sweet books! :applause:

Is Russ Heath on your list of creators that you want signatures from?

Absolutely! I have a Russ Heath SS Showcase 28, a sick GI Combat, and, I believe, an Our Army at War.

Last one for today is one of my favorite Eric Powell SS books (many more of those to come :grin: ) Never confirmed it, but I believe it is Eric's 1st published work.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzEtMjAwOTA2MTctMjEwN.jpg

Last one for today is one of my favorite Eric Powell SS books (many more of those to come :grin: ) Never confirmed it, but I believe it is Eric's 1st published work.

:gossip: First published work. NOT his first paid, professional work.

Which is Razor?

What color boxers is he wearing today? :whistle:

Which is Razor?

Correct. (thumbs u

A gentleman never asks and a lady never tells. :blush:

A gentleman never asks and a lady never tells. :blush:

I would never have mistaken you for a gentleman or Eric for a lady, but I'll take your word for it . . .

I have two more Bolland books that I want to get up here. That is one of them. Coming in the next couple days - Mike Kaluta, Joe Kubert, Sergio Aragones, John Romita, Stan Lee, Jim Warren, Frank Frazetta, Mike Zeck, Jim Lee and Neal Adams

It's not intended to be showing off. More of catching up and participating after being nothing but a smartass for years.

And maybe it will inspire folks to get more fun out of their SS colection or collecting in general to see that there are so many different, rarer, and less run-of-the-mill SS out there.

Finally, it is a thank you to people like Raph (oneasian) and many others who are too numerous to name, who always post their newest beauties for everyone to enjoy. If it wasn't for Raph posting his Fallen Sons, I might not have started doing sketch covers.