• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: I got some fantastic news!!

32 posts in this topic

Some of you are aware that my wife and I have been foster parents for a while now and have had kids in and out of our home for the past few years.

The current child we have with us came to live at our home when she was just 2 weeks old and only 4 lbs big. She is now a 19 month old laughing, walking, happy child who brings great joy to any and everyone she meets.

Friday we learned that the State of Oklahoma had approved our adoption application and we now have an attorney lined up to handle the legal proceedings and should finalize the adoption in court in about 3 weeks.

Im on :cloud9:

I would implore people who have the capacity to consider foster parenting. Its not as difficult as I pictured initially and it has great rewards. You meet some of the most amazing people and learn so much about them and yourself. If anyone has any questions about foster parenting just send me a PM and Im happy to talk.

I think adoption is very noble and I wish more couples would consider it instead of, or in addition to, having biological children. There are too many children out there in need of stable homes. (thumbs u

I think adoption is very noble and I wish more couples would consider it instead of, or in addition to, having biological children. There are too many children out there in need of stable homes. (thumbs u

Couldn't have said it better myself.

And congrats!

Congrats, hopefully we'll see a picture of your kid after his first Halloween... The Flash please, baby Flashes are the best...take care! (thumbs u