• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Help To Identify This Superman Set

10 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me to Identify this Superman set I picked up.

It is the death of Superman Trade with a reprint of Action Comics #1 included.

They are together in what appears to be factory shrink wrap and a full color wall poster is included.

Now, I have a few of these trades in different printings, but none of them came with an Action #1 and a poster.

I looked in the guide under the Promotional section and under Superman, But have found nothing.

Just looking to find out what printing it is without opening it up and if they were originaly sold this way from DC. And a possible value of course.

Thanks in advance

S7302513-1.jpg

S7302514-1.jpg

Is that $1 label on the front of the Action Comics 1 Paul?

It is part of the comic. I have other Action #1 reprints that also have prices on them, but they are in the price guide.

This one I could not find and and I don't want to open the shrink wrap.

I was hoping someone has seen this combo before?

I remember seeing these at Wal-Mart for months after the Death/Funeral books were out.

I'd say value is $5 to $10.

Comic "packs" were pretty popular in Wal-Mart at that time...

"Treat Collectibles" (also called "Pedigree?") had numbered packs of Spawn #1-#5 for $20

while those books were selling for around $10 each...

I think I bought them for $20 at Wal-Mart and sold them to the local comic shop guy for $25 the same day.

I remember Youngblood, Savage Dragon, and Shadowhawk sets, as well...

plus the generic "3 for $1.99" types of packs.

I remember seeing these at Wal-Mart for months after the Death/Funeral books were out.

I'd say value is $5 to $10.

Comic "packs" were pretty popular in Wal-Mart at that time...

"Treat Collectibles" (also called "Pedigree?") had numbered packs of Spawn #1-#5 for $20

while those books were selling for around $10 each...

I think I bought them for $20 at Wal-Mart and sold them to the local comic shop guy for $25 the same day.

I remember Youngblood, Savage Dragon, and Shadowhawk sets, as well...

plus the generic "3 for $1.99" types of packs.

That's right. I forgot about this.

Isn't that how the mini Amazing Spider-Man 300 came about is a Wal-Mart Spider-Man DVD special where it came in the case?

Isn't that how the mini Amazing Spider-Man 300 came about is a Wal-Mart Spider-Man DVD special where it came in the case?

Yes... I don't know if it was a Wal-Mart exclusive, but I did see them there.

I think other movies have done something similar... Iron Man, etc.