• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iPhone/Touch-optimized CGC forums

61 posts in this topic

Awesome, works great! Are the "for sale" threads missing or did I miss them completely?

I included the forums I visit most often :/ so let me know any I've missed and I'll add them - I should just add them all I guess.

Got ya! No problem, I was just wondering if I missed them. I know I'd love to see them added, but you don't have to for my sake. Nice work though...its so much easier to surf the boards this way. Thank you!

I've added all the other forums, including the "Selling" forums.

When replying it opens a new

browser page and goes to the original cgc site...is that how you have it set up?

Correct - when you're browsing through the iPhone version it doesn't know about your CGC chat board cookie so hence the requirement to go to the full site when posting.

how do I look at my pms?

ok, I can add a link from the web app to open a new window back to the full site directly to your PMs. You will not see the flashing message icon though on the mobile site.

how do I look at my pms?

ok, I can add a link from the web app to open a new window back to the full site directly to your PMs. You will not see the flashing message icon though on the mobile site.

that's good enough (worship)

Awesome, works great! Are the "for sale" threads missing or did I miss them completely?

I included the forums I visit most often :/ so let me know any I've missed and I'll add them - I should just add them all I guess.

Got ya! No problem, I was just wondering if I missed them. I know I'd love to see them added, but you don't have to for my sake. Nice work though...its so much easier to surf the boards this way. Thank you!

I've added all the other forums, including the "Selling" forums.

Awesome...this is awesome and I love that I could create an app for it! Thank you.

how do I look at my pms?

that's good enough (worship)

Done - at the bottom of the home page there is now "Go to your Private Messages". This opens a new window

Also, when you're reading posts, you will now notice "PM" next to each user - just tap that to open a new window ready for sending a message. I'll update the initial post so the images reflect the new changes.

Thanks!!!

Also, is there any way to reply in the app instead of opening the old page?

Unfortunately not at this stage - this goes for PMs also. The reason is that I would need access to the cookie CGC create for you when you visit their forum pages directly. Sorry. :(

I do notice that it creates a new page each time the app is opened. Is there a way to check to see if the page is already opened and then use that page?

Great implementation! :applause:

I do notice that it creates a new page each time the app is opened. Is there a way to check to see if the page is already opened and then use that page?

Sorry, not sure what you mean. It should open a new page if you PM or Reply/Quote - is that what you mean?

Sorry, not sure what you mean. It should open a new page if you PM or Reply/Quote - is that what you mean?

doh! I guess you mean when you tap on the icon on the home screen to open the web app?

doh! I guess you mean when you tap on the icon on the home screen to open the web app?

Yes. So you end up with a bunch of open windows.

Yeah, don't think there's much I can do about that, since it's a web app and doesn't behave like a full iphone app would (opening up in its own window). Maybe when I have some time I'll turn this into a full app.

Yeah, don't think there's much I can do about that, since it's a web app and doesn't behave like a full iphone app would (opening up in its own window). Maybe when I have some time I'll turn this into a full app.

:golfclap: